latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Advanced Mod-Rewrite Linkage shows 404

Home Forums Community Forum Advanced Mod-Rewrite Linkage shows 404

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday May 19th, 2012 at 4:22 am #13965
Nick Bencino
Username: nickfx

According to the s2member admin panel

s2Member automatically creates mod_rewrite rules inside your /s2member-files/ directory, which provide additional flexibility in the way protected files can be served to your Customers.

However, when I try this I get a 404 error.

“404: Sorry, file not found. Please contact Support for assistance.”

I am sure the file exists and I am logged in. I can access the file via the /?s2member_file_download= version of the url.

How do I make Mod-Rewrite actually work?

Do I need to somehow activate mod-rewrite? From what I understand it should be auto activated.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  Nick Bencino.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday May 20th, 2012 at 10:08 pm #14036
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Nick,

Can you tell us what URLs you’re trying that are not working?

Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 7:01 am #14061
Nick Bencino
Username: nickfx

I am trying direct URLs in this case the URL is

http://www.mysite.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/1.flv

Posted: Tuesday May 22nd, 2012 at 12:00 am #14141
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Nick,

Have you checked your s2member-files directory and confirmed that there is an .htaccess file in there? s2Member should’ve created one in there with all the necessary rules.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.