latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Associate a File with a Specific User

Home Forums Community Forum Associate a File with a Specific User

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  webierweb 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday May 4th, 2012 at 12:31 pm #12602
Jamie Troia
Username: jwtoria

Hi,

So far, so good with the free version. I have a question on capabilities. Once a user is registered, I have a need to upload a PDF file that is specific to the user that only they can access.

Is there a way to do this?

I thought maybe a custom registration field that accepted files would work. It would be ideal if when they logged in, they page that I direct them to showed their membership level and a link to there specific PDF for downloading.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday May 5th, 2012 at 6:00 am #12654

Hi Jamie.

Well, you could give each user a unique custom capability and then upload the PDF file protecting it with that user’s ccap. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capability and Member Level Files[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday May 8th, 2012 at 8:46 am #12905
webierweb
Username: joec

I am trying to link to a secure file…I put the file in the proper folder in ftp

I downloaded s3 organizer for firefox….i see that the amazon s3 folder replaces s2member-files.

I created a folder in S3….access-s2member-ccap-jtorres1

I then inserted my file, buysell.pdf

I linked to the file by copying the url that is provided from S3 in the AWS Management Console….updated the page,

I get this message when clicking the link: My bucket is called “omnimedfinancial”…what am I doing wrong?

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

AccessDenied

Access Denied
49AC17D94A2F1E42

TRjprk+09e7fV+xreKpeLLRMeHS/TMn8sDXOTC2BzvjRz5leTHBTljKGV/1Phym/

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.