latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Authorize.net not collecting ARB info

Home Forums Community Forum Authorize.net not collecting ARB info

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  Bradley Miller 3 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Nov 27th, 2013 at 12:36 am #61423

I’m having some interesting Authorize.net ARB behavior issues. This is the scenario.

We have a yearly subscription service where the initial fee for new members is our trial amount and then renewal fees are the recurring amount. Renewals are handled on a yearly basis.

The problem I’m having occurs under these circumstances. When a new user creates an account with a credit card that will expire inside of the year of their initial term. In other words their credit card will not be valid by the time the first ARB transaction comes around.

s2member seems to be handling this by charging the initial amount, but not logging any ARB information. This has the effect of not allowing a member to modify their billing information to update their credit card because there is no ARB information to edit! Their only recourse is to wait until their subscription expires and then manually renew from within their account.

Any thoughts on why the ARB information isn’t being captured? It makes for a really clunky experience for a small number of our potential users. All other scenarios work perfectly.

Our site is still in development but I can provide a test url privately if necessary.

We are up against a pretty tight launch deadline and any timely help would be greatly appreciated!

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.