latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Auto-upgrade after trial with clickbank?

Home Forums Community Forum Auto-upgrade after trial with clickbank?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jun 11th, 2013 at 12:20 pm #51773
Joe Chapuis
Username: joechaps

Hello –

Here is what I would like to accomplish. Please let me know if this is possible using S2 with ClickBank.

I would like to:

1. Offer a trial membership for short duration (e.g., $1 for 7 days)
2. On day 8, have the trial convert to full membership, where the membership level automatically changes (e.g., from Level #2 to Level #3)
3. CB would then auto-bill the member on day 8 for the new membership level, and then again on a recurring monthly basis.

Is this how the trial process normally works – with levels automatically changing after x days?

Thanks in advance…

-joe

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jun 12th, 2013 at 6:06 am #51814

No, the free trial is a period where he isn’t charged yet, but the access level you sold him is given to him from the start.

So if you sell him Level 3 with a free week trial and then monthly payments, he’ll have Level 3 from the start of the trial week and remain like that until the subscription is ended and s2Member demotes him according to your EOT setting. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior[/hilite]

If you want to change his access after the trial (upgrade him from Level 2 to 3), you’d need a bit of PHP to achieve it. See:
Knowledge Base » Changing Roles/Capabilities via PHP
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Content Dripping[/hilite]

Posted: Wednesday Jun 12th, 2013 at 11:14 am #51828
Joe Chapuis
Username: joechaps

Hello Cristián –

Thank you for your response.

> “If you want to change his access after the trial (upgrade him from Level 2 to 3), you’d need a bit of PHP to achieve it.”

Just want to make sure I understand you correctly…

It is possible to have a member automatically upgraded from one level to another after a set period of time in S2 with some custom PHP coding?

Thank you,
Joe

Posted: Thursday Jun 13th, 2013 at 3:25 am #51858

Yes. See the two references I pointed to in my previous reply. The one on role changing tells you how to change to the other paid level role, the one on dripping shows you the conditional to have it happen after a certain time.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.