latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Backdoor login as users for troubleshooting

Home Forums Community Forum Backdoor login as users for troubleshooting

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice. Last updated by  LG 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Sep 9th, 2013 at 2:06 pm #59315
LG
Username: lg

Hello,
We have a monthly paid site and we are interested in creating a back door to allow system admins to login as a s2member user in order to perform troubleshooting for those users. I am not sure if this is legal or ethical in the US. Could you please give feedback and references to any legal ramifications? What do the heavy hitters like amazon or paypal do in situations like this?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Sep 9th, 2013 at 2:15 pm #59316
LG
Username: lg

This plugin seems to do what I am requesting. This plugin seems to allow what I require without needing to know the customer user’s passwords. However I’m concerned about legality and ethics.
http://wpmu.org/switch-between-wordpress-users-great-for-testing/

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  LG.
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.