latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

bbPress Integration

Home Forums Community Forum bbPress Integration

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 5:39 pm #25626
Chase Rief
Username: riefmedia

s2member is a great plugin with lots of functionalities, very easy to use – congratulations for building it and keep up the good work!

I’m experiencing an error when working with s2member and bbpress. I have 4 membership types (Free Level #0 and other three Paid Levels – #1,#2 and #3).

When posting new topics inside a forum with the admin OR the Level #1 the topics are added without problems.
If i try, however, to post a new topic using a level #2 or level #3 member, the topic gets posted but is not added to the parent forum and I’m being redirected to a blank page.

For example, I’m logged in with a Level #3 member (the higher possible) browsing the “Connection” forum. Below the list of available topics i have a box where i can add a new topic – Create New Topic in “Connections”. When i fill in all the details and hit “Submit” I’m being redirected to a blank page (no content whatsoever). The topic gets through, i can see it in the admin area, but it has no parent (No Forum) – so it won’t show up in the topics list.

I tried to remove the URI restrictions (although these were set for level #1 and above), etc. but the same thing happens for all the topics posted using a Level #2 or #3 member. Very strage…

Can you please help?

Thanks a ton!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Sep 18th, 2012 at 2:48 am #25678
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

My first suggestion would be to double-check the URI Restrictions (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions), however it sounds like you’ve already done that. Out of curiosity, I would try removing all restrictions and seeing if you still have the problem. Next, I’d try disabling s2Member entirely to see if that fixes it. Basically, try to narrow down what feature/plugin is causing the problem.

Judging by the sound of it, it sounds like it could even be another plugin causing a strange conflict. An entirely blank page usually indicates that PHP is throwing an error. If your PHP configuration is set to hide all errors, then you’ll just see a blank page instead of the error. (You could try setting WP_DEBUG to true; see more info here.)

Posted: Tuesday Sep 18th, 2012 at 11:52 am #25700
Chase Rief
Username: riefmedia

Thank you very much Raam for your suggestion – it was a function i coded in functions.php that conflicted with bbpress, nothing related with s2member at all. No wonder, you have a rock solid plugin over here :)

Posted: Wednesday Sep 19th, 2012 at 6:06 am #25751
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Great to hear you solved the problem! Cheers! :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.