latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Buddypress and registration

Home Forums Community Forum Buddypress and registration

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Apr 11th, 2013 at 10:30 am #47196
2DCA
Username: 2dca

I wish to have a paid membership only website. I have set up PayPal, s2Member and Buddypress and am using Woothemes Canvas theme – all the latest versions.
My problem is this, if I set Open Registration in S2Member to ‘no’ (as I want everyone to pay) then S2Member turns off the “Anyone can register” option in WordPress and when I click on the ‘Register’ link in my menu it says ‘User registration is currently unavailable.”
If I turn Open Registration on then I can register, but I am taken to the Buddypress ‘Create an account’ form and not the Membership Options page created in s2Member which contains my PayPal button. When this form is submitted then activated, they have immediate access to all the website without paying. How do I get them to the Membership Options page with the PayPal button?
I am going round in circles trying to sort this out as I am not sure if it is a setting in Buddypress or s2Member that I have set up incorrectly.
In addition, I am unable to view the Membership Options page to check if the PayPal button works as when I am logged in, I am assumed not to need to see it and when I am logged out, I just get taken to the Buddypress ‘Create an account form’ which seems to override everything.
I have looked all over the forums and whilst other people are having this problem, I don’t seem to be able to find a solution to it.
Any suggestions, please?
Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Apr 12th, 2013 at 3:26 am #47272
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

My problem is this, if I set Open Registration in S2Member to ‘no’ (as I want everyone to pay) then S2Member turns off the “Anyone can register” option in WordPress and when I click on the ‘Register’ link in my menu it says ‘User registration is currently unavailable.”

The only way to fix this issue is to change the Register link where it is on your site. It sounds like it might be in your theme, so I’d write into your theme’s developer and find out what needs to be changed to change this link to your Membership Options Page.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.