latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Can't Upgrade Pro Without "256M" for PHP

Home Forums Community Forum Can't Upgrade Pro Without "256M" for PHP

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 11th, 2012 at 3:08 pm #16148

If I try to upgrade s2member PRO from within the WP plugins page, it fails with
a notice that PHP requires 256M to unzip the bundle. That’s certainly not true
for such a small package as s2Member Pro, so I simply edited the file:

s2member-pro/includes/classes/upgrader.inc.php

And changed this:

if(@set_time_limit(0) !== "nill" && @ini_set("memory_limit", apply_filters("admin_memory_limit",WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT)) !== "nill" && @ini_get("memory_limit") === apply_filters("admin_memory_limit", WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT))

To this:

if(@set_time_limit(0) !== "nill" && @ini_set("memory_limit", apply_filters("admin_memory_limit","64M")) !== "nill" && @ini_get("memory_limit") === apply_filters("admin_memory_limit", "64M"))

I later learned that I could just put this line in the WP config file and it would do the same thing:

define (WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT, '64M');

J

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 7:25 am #16229

Yeah, that’s a good tip. Thanks for sharing it.

That’s one of the things we look at in our script to check the installation and server. http://www.s2member.com/r/server-check-tool/

You can try it. Just upload it via FTP to your WP directory and load it in your browser.

I hope it helps.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.