latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

changes not updating user/profile

Home Forums Community Forum changes not updating user/profile

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Dec 10th, 2012 at 12:42 pm #34153
lisa carr
Username: pageadmin

hi – when i try to make a change to a user in the user panel in wordpress it is not saving the new choice. For example, i made a custom profile field which is a select menu in the registration form. When I am in the user profile making administrative changes and try to change it from let’s say – east to west in the region pull-down, i save it and then when i re-open, it is back to east again. Any ideas about what could be going on? thanks for any assistance,
Lisa

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Dec 11th, 2012 at 7:19 am #34225

Hi Lisa.

So you were able to create and save the new profile field, and what you can’t do is save the changed value from the user’s profile?

Are you getting some kind of error when you save the changes? Is the custom profile field showing correctly in the profile page other than having the default value? No errors?

Could you also try the suggestions in this article? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Posted: Tuesday Dec 11th, 2012 at 11:34 am #34267
lisa carr

Hi Cristian – thanks for your reply. The user profiles are existing accounts that, when i go in to edit the profile field, they won’t update. The profile field has been there since i made it awhile ago and i never noticed that it didn’t work until i actually tried to change someone’s profile (from east to west). I never get an error either, it seems like all is good until I go back into it and realize that indeed, it has defaulted back to the original (east).

so, i did a test after going through all the suggestions in the article (which all did not do the trick), I made another one which was generally the same and tried to change the variable in the pull-down. This one worked. The problem is, there are almost 800 members who have that “region” profile assigned and the new one that i made “region of pa” would obviously be not defined in all of their profiles because i just made it.

I also tried making it a mandatory field and tried again, no change! Any ideas on how to proceed???
thanks,
lisa

Posted: Wednesday Dec 12th, 2012 at 8:02 am #34341

so, i did a test after going through all the suggestions in the article (which all did not do the trick), I made another one which was generally the same and tried to change the variable in the pull-down. This one worked.

I’m confused, you say you tried everything in the article and didn’t work, but you were able to make one of the fields edit? So the problem is with one specific custom profile field, not every one?

Could you send me your site’s info so I take a look at the custom fields and try to edit one in a test profile to see what heppens? s2Member® » Private Contact Form

The problem is, there are almost 800 members who have that “region” profile assigned and the new one that i made “region of pa” would obviously be not defined in all of their profiles because i just made it.

Well, you could ask the users to update the field in their profiles. You could email them, or put a notice in the Login Welcome page or something like that. Or, if you have the values for each user already, you can edit their profiles in bulk with the Import tool. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Importation[/hilite]

Posted: Wednesday Dec 12th, 2012 at 11:09 am #34382

Thanks, got the email.

It’s the “region” dropdown, right? I see what may be causing the problem.

In the setting where you enter the values:

Option Configuration File: * ( one option per line )
Use a pipe [hilite mono]|[/hilite] delimited format: [hilite mono]option value|option label[/hilite]

You entered all the options with the same value:

region | east
region | west 
region | central

Try:

east|East
west|West
central|Central

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Dec 12th, 2012 at 11:19 am #34384
lisa carr

Cristian – i can’t believe i didn’t see that! thanks so much it did the trick!

Posted: Wednesday Dec 12th, 2012 at 7:13 pm #34441

Great! :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.