latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

create an additional paid option to level#

Home Forums Community Forum create an additional paid option to level#

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jul 23rd, 2012 at 5:52 pm #20013
lisa carr
Username: pageadmin

Hi –

I am setting up a member site for a non-profit which has a few levels of membership but they also want to add the option (to each of the levels) to click a radio button to add a $16 newsletter to their membership.

This would be an optional charge on top of the membership level. Is there a way to do this? Or do i have to make a separate level with that option included (i.e.: level #1, level #1 + $16 newsletter, level #2, level #2 + $16 newsletter, etc etc )

Also…my client has a fairly detailed database that i will be importing – but my question is this: some of the fields that she has are not necessarily fields that a person registering for membership would fill out. There are fields which include how an existing member has paid (including checks that have been sent in) and she’d like some of the custom fields to be managed by her as a kind of internal database – but not necessarily filled out by the member. A place in the user’s profile that she can enter such info.

Is there a way to create custom fields that are used for internal administration?

thanks for an info you can give me!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 24th, 2012 at 9:23 am #20077

Hi Lisa.

This would be an optional charge on top of the membership level. Is there a way to do this? Or do i have to make a separate level with that option included (i.e.: level #1, level #1 + $16 newsletter, level #2, level #2 + $16 newsletter, etc etc )

You could use a code similar to the one I suggested here for different payment plans: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/registration-form/#post-20040

You may want to modify it, because your use is different. Instead of giving a different level, it’d add a custom capability and change the total price to pay and description, for example.

Also…my client has a fairly detailed database that i will be importing – but my question is this: some of the fields that she has are not necessarily fields that a person registering for membership would fill out. There are fields which include how an existing member has paid (including checks that have been sent in) and she’d like some of the custom fields to be managed by her as a kind of internal database – but not necessarily filled out by the member. A place in the user’s profile that she can enter such info.

You could create custom profile fields for these. Just make them hidden during registration and in the profile, the admin will still see them, but the user won’t.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jul 24th, 2012 at 9:42 am #20079
lisa carr
Username: pageadmin

Thanks Cristian – it does help! You said:

You could create custom profile fields for these. Just make them hidden during registration and in the profile, the admin will still see them, but the user won’t.

ok, so let’s say a person purchases membership and adds their info in the paypal form… will that info (like their address, phone, etc that is required to charge a credit card) be transferred to their profile? Or do they have to re-enter all of their info when they are re-directed back?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  lisa carr.
Posted: Wednesday Jul 25th, 2012 at 2:16 am #20153

No, that information is for the gateway to process the payment, and is not stored by s2Member in the profile. If you want those fields in the profile, then you need to create them: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields[/hilite].

The user will need to fill those too for them to be in the profile, unless you create a hack that populates them at the same time the user fills out the information for the payment (“use same address” thing you see in shopping carts for billing and shipping addresses).

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.