latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom fields importing wrong -need HELP

Home Forums Community Forum Custom fields importing wrong -need HELP

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jul 26th, 2012 at 6:42 pm #20345
lisa carr
Username: pageadmin

Hi,

I am having problems with my csv file saving custom fields like phone_number, street_address, etc into the s2Member Configuration & Profile Fields within the user profile page.
I have searched the forums and just cannot figure out what i am doing wrong!

here’s my csv file with 1 member:

“ID”,”Username”,”Password”,”First Name”,”Last Name”,”Display Name”,”Email”,”Alternate-email”,”Level[0-15]+ or Role ID”,”street_address”,”city”,”state”,”county”,”region”,”zip_code”,”phone_number “,”member”,”member_since”,”member_level”,”membership_term”,”expire_date”,”last_revised”,”profession”,”school_organization_name”,”school_district”,”affiliate_chapter”,”payment_info “,”payment_history “,”nagc_member”,”volunteer_info”,”comments”
,”MateoC”,,”Mateo”,”Cool”,”fluffy”,”peeps@comcast.net”,,1,”11 main st.”,”pheonixville”,”pa”,”chester”,,19333,”800-222-3333″,”yes”,2000,”individual”,”1yr”,,,,,”pheonixville”,,,,”Y”,,”blah blah blah”

so….the phone_number is going into the “Paid Subscr. ID” field, the zip is going into the “Custom Value” Field and the address which displays with commas (11,main,st) is going into the “Custom Capabilities” field. AND none of the other info like (city, state, comments) within the csv file is showing up in the member profile area.

And lastly, underneath all of that, i see:
Additional Capabilities access_s2member_ccap_11, access_s2member_ccap_main, access_s2member_ccap_st

here’s a link to the screenshot:

ANY Help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 7:53 am #20386

Hi Lisa.

I see what your problem is. The documentation in the User Import panels should help. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Importation[/hilite]

I suggest that you create a user with all the custom profile fields filled out, don’t leave them without a value or they won’t be in the CSV, and then export your users. Go take a look at how this test user’s row looks like and use it as your template for your users when importing them.

Basically, you need all the columns s2Member expects when importing a user, and in that order, even if you’re using column labels. And the custom profile fields are done in pairs of columns: field name, field value. It’s an unconventional format which we will change to a more standard one in the new s2Member, but it’s the one we have right now.

I hope that helps solve the difficulty you’re having with it right now. :)

Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 8:23 am #20396
lisa carr

Hi Cristian,

thanks for the reply!
i scaled down the csv to:

“ID”,”Username”,”Password”,”First Name”,”Last Name”,”Display Name”,”Email”,”Level[0-15]+ or Role ID”,”Registration Date ( mm/dd/yyyy )”,”alternate_email”,”alternate_email value”,”street_address”,”street_address value”
,”MateoC”,coffee!,”Mateo”,”Cool”,”fluffy”,”peeps@comcast.net”,3,03/31/02,”alternate_email”,”peeps2@comcast.net”,”street_address”,”11 main st.”

and still am having issues. for the custom values….under the heading of the custom field ID: alternate_email – do i just repeat that underneath for every contact? and then the custom field value would be the email address?

also, in this screenshot ….. how do i get the address to appear in the section above which seems to be part of the s2 member / or wordpress setup – without having to do custom fields?

thanks for your help!

Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 8:55 am #20397
lisa carr

Hi Cristian,

Sorry – i didn’t setup a new user in WP panel ….i just revised my csv file.

BUT – after reading your reply again, i saw you wanted me to setup a new user in WP and fill out all the variables – so i did and exported the csv file which after opening up in open office was ok until a certain point and then all the heading fields drop down
here’s a scrrenshot:

Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 10:45 pm #20473

Those are fine. The custom profile fields are exported/imported that way. The field’s name will be in each row where the user has a value for it. So each custom field will use two columns: one for the field’s name, and another for the field’s value.

From the documentation: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Importation[/hilite]

Additional extended information can also be included; even Custom Fields:

"ID","Username","Password","First Name","Last Name","Display Name","Email","Website","Level[0-9]+ or Role ID","Custom Capabilities","Registration Date ( mm/dd/yyyy )","First Payment Date ( mm/dd/yyyy )","Last Payment Date ( mm/dd/yyyy )","Auto-EOT Date ( mm/dd/yyyy )","Custom Value ( starts w/domain )","Paid Subscr. ID","Paid Subscr. Gateway","Custom Field ID #1","Custom Field Value #1","Custom Field ID #2","Custom Field Value #2", ...

Here is a full example with all fields filled in, including extended details; and two Custom Fields:

"","johnsmith22","mY!passwrD","John","Smith","John Smith","john.smith@example.com","http://www.example.com/","2","music,videos","12/31/2000","01/10/2001","12/31/2020","12/31/2021","www.example.com|123.357.125.654","I-2342934SSER243","paypal","interests","fishing,biking,computers","t_shirt_size","xx-large"

Here is a full example with some fields left empty:

"","johnsmith22","","John","Smith","John Smith","john.smith@example.com","","s2member_level2","","","","","12/31/2021"
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.