latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Drip feeding content and menu

Home Forums Community Forum Drip feeding content and menu

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruno 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Feb 23rd, 2013 at 2:01 am #42932
Bruno
Username: brunoedig

Hi,

I’ve found this article here: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/a-few-questions-please/

I was wondering how can I hide the menu itens in accordance with the drip feed rate of certain posts? Basically do what Raam talks about in one of the replies over there

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Feb 23rd, 2013 at 9:05 am #43039

Thanks Bruno for posting this question, I’d love to know how to do this too.

Posted: Monday Feb 25th, 2013 at 6:14 am #43148
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience.

I was wondering how can I hide the menu itens in accordance with the drip feed rate of certain posts?

From Raam’s reply:

If you want to actually drip the pages/posts themselves into the menus of your theme, you’d need to customize your theme a bit so that it only displays those links after a certain amount of time. You can use the same dripping functions as you would inside a post/page, but you’d need to modify your theme menu files to drip from there instead.

What Raam is saying here is really all we can say. This requires custom coding, which we cannot provide per our Support Policy. You’d probably need to edit your theme’s header.php file. There should be a portion of this file that handles your navigation menu. Usually it looks like this:

<?php wp_nav_menu( array( 'container_class' => 'menu-header', 'theme_location' => 'primary' ) ); ?>

You can use an exclude variable in this call to wp_nav_menu() here to exclude/include Posts/Pages depending on whether the User has access to a Post.

See: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_nav_menu
See Also: s2Member® » Codex (Source Code Docs)

That’s about as far as we can go with custom code. If you need further assistance, we recommend http://jobs.wordpress.net, or another freelance web site where WordPress® experts are offering their expertise through a bid on your project.
Posted: Saturday Mar 9th, 2013 at 10:22 am #44157
Bruno
Username: brunoedig

Okie dokie. Thanks!

BTW, any plans for when the shortcode will be available!?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.