latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Duplicate entry of user info into database

Home Forums Community Forum Duplicate entry of user info into database

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 3rd, 2012 at 6:58 pm #21143

I am getting duplicate entries in the database for user details.

For instance “First Name” may not have any details in one of the duplicate fields and so when I am looking at the list of Users in the admin, there may be no name showing for some of the members even though it is a required field.

I require free reg to even “see” the upgrade pages. They must be logged in and the form is pre-filled out using the pro forms.

Why am I getting the double entries and some of the “required” fields empty?

Thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Um…can someone assist?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Aug 6th, 2012 at 10:50 pm #21300
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Victor,

Is the ‘First Name’ field that you’re referring to the one created by WordPress?

Or are you creating your own Custom Registration Field called ‘First Name’ and expecting people to fill that out in addition to the WordPress Name field? If you’re creating your own Custom Registration Field, then please make sure that it’s set to ‘Required’ in the options for that field.

Regarding the duplicate entries in the database: Are you running any custom code? Which entries are duplicated? Which table/row are the entries in? Could you copy/paste some of the duplicate data so we can see what you’re referring to?

Posted: Tuesday Aug 7th, 2012 at 1:20 pm #21386

Wordpress.

I dug around and found that W3TotalCache is probably the culprit. I switched to QuickCache and I was unable to replicate the duplicate entries.

As for what was duplicated…almost all fields under UserMeta in the DB were duplicated. First Name and Last Name would be in 3 times and the others twice. The new fields from upgrading like EOT and PayPal # would be single entries.

I just checked an effected client and the 3 most recent entries look normal.

So a note about S3 and W3 not playing nice is probably in order. I had to take it off 4 sites.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 8th, 2012 at 8:22 am #21488
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Victor,

Yes, there are known issues with W3TC and s2Member. Let us know if you continue to have problems.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.