latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Exporting members

Home Forums Community Forum Exporting members

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Sep 3rd, 2012 at 10:02 pm #23978
jorge
Username: jorgitoz

I currently have s2member installed in a blog with the directory path mydomain.com/blog

I am moving my blog to mydomain.com, which means I have to re-install wordpress, s2member, etc.

I am having trouble importing the members from the old s2member to the new one. When I try, I get the following message.

The following errors were encountered during importation:

Line #1. User ID# 1 belongs to an Administrator. Bypassing this line for security.
Line #2. User ID# 2 does NOT belong to an existing User.
Line #3. User ID# 3 does NOT belong to an existing User.
…..
Line #29. User ID# 29 does NOT belong to an existing User.

Help!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Sep 4th, 2012 at 12:21 am #23997
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Jorge,

As per the documentation in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Importation:

If you fill the ID field, the Import routine will update an account matching the ID you specify ( so long as the account ID does NOT belong to an Administrator, this is for security ). When importing new Users/Members, you can leave the ID field empty; don’t remove it, just leave it empty ( i.e. “” ). Example: “”,”Username”,”First Name”,”Last Name”,”Display Name”,”Email”

So, since you’re trying to import into a site that doesn’t have any of those users, you need to remove the values from the ID column so that s2Member knows to recreate those users (as opposed to updating them, which is what it’s trying to do).

Posted: Tuesday Sep 4th, 2012 at 10:19 pm #24112
jorge
Username: jorgitoz

Gotcha!… worked…

Now a follow up question… is there a way to make use of the same database for different sites?

For example, I have a website at maindomain.com

I sell two programs using s2member… One gives them access to program1.com/members and the other to program2.com/members

The way I have it set up, they have to register at each domain name… I don’t necessarily want to have just one central database… I’m open to options… is there a way to forward their info? or automate the export/import of existing customers when they buy a new program?

What would be a good way to set this up so they don’t have to re-register for a new site (I plan on adding more sites)…

Posted: Tuesday Sep 4th, 2012 at 10:48 pm #24115
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Jorge,

The only way to do this would be to set up a hook within a mu-plugin on site #2 so that you could send the user data to that site from site #1 and create_user() on that site. A developer familiar with WordPress could use the ‘user_register’ hook within WordPress to make this work.

If you’d like to keep an eye out on the s2Member Knowledge Base, we may post some information and sample code for this within a couple weeks.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.