latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Fatal Error WordPress 3.3.1

Home Forums Community Forum Fatal Error WordPress 3.3.1

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Giuseppe Contini 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jul 7th, 2012 at 8:27 am #18551

Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_get_current_user() in /home/username/public_html/mysite.com/wp-includes/capabilities.php on line 1187

Getting this on WordPress 3.3.1

How can I fix this?

Thanks
Robert

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jul 8th, 2012 at 2:27 pm #18619
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Robert,

Where do you find this error?

Posted: Sunday Jul 8th, 2012 at 4:15 pm #18621

Right after plugin activation when trying to load my main site.. I patched capabilities.php with this at the top to prevent error..

include_once(ABSPATH . ‘wp-includes/pluggable.php’);

I found this while searching but not sure if this is the proper fix but it does seems to work.

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 2:59 pm #18686
Eduan

Well that error simply means that WordPress was not loading that for some reason.

But since you’re telling it to load that file it now loads correctly.

Glad you were able to solve your problem Robert. :)

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 3:41 pm #18699

Well the truth is I have no idea if this is correct or not because I am not a php programmer or anything I just found this code in google while searching similar wordpress issues. It would be nice to know why this happened with s2member or is this strictly a wordpress issue that has not been patched? It’s just that I have not had it happen with any other plugins and I have many.. I guess it is because of the function call.. maybe s2member is the only plugin I have installed that calls this function and that is what triggered it..

Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 10:03 pm #20730

I have a funny feeling that the contact form 7 plugin is what caused it..

Posted: Tuesday Jul 31st, 2012 at 8:45 am #20784
Eduan

Hello Robert,

Why do you have that hunch? Did you recently uninstalled it and the error went away? Have you tried de-activating it to see if that is the problem?

Posted: Tuesday Jul 31st, 2012 at 11:04 pm #20860

It was in fact after I installed the plugin but I had other plugins also active I just had a feeling that was the one for some reason.. I think I saw something about it when I googled for the issue..

Posted: Wednesday Aug 1st, 2012 at 8:11 am #20906
Eduan

OK Robert,

Thanks for the info, and now we know. ;)

Posted: Wednesday Apr 17th, 2013 at 11:03 pm #47717

I’ve identified that the plugin “SimpleModal Login” also causes this exact conflict when used with s2Member on WordPress 3.5.1.

“Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_get_current_user() in /home/username/domain.com/wp-includes/capabilities.php on line 1281”

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.