latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Featured ads option free members Classipress

Home Forums Community Forum Featured ads option free members Classipress

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jan 18th, 2013 at 10:28 am #38030
Wawone
Username: Wawone

Hi,
I’d like to manage options for free members on a Classipress ads Theme like Featured ads, more pictures, etc..
Looks like I need to create a Level 1 instead of Level 0 but I didn’t find IDs for that functions in Classipress.
Does anyone know the best way to achieve it?
Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jan 19th, 2013 at 4:17 pm #38329
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Erwan,

So you mean allow only certain users to have access to the functionality of your theme?

What, exactly, would this specific functionality be?

– Eduan

Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 9:25 am #38410
Wawone

I Eduan,
I’m moving an ads website to wordpress multisite with Classipress, Jobroller and Vantage Themes.
I’d like to keep the main functions with 2 types of users:
– Free users with options: Add more than 3 images, publish their ad in the Featured Ads section for more visibility, even charge for modify their ads,
– Firms paying by ad but also for Monthly/year package.
I bought the S2Member Pro add-on for managing both Free and Pay access but it looks like I need for configuration Theme’s functions IDs (featured ads for exemple) but don’t know where to find it..
Do you have any idea?
Thanks.

Posted: Tuesday Jan 22nd, 2013 at 6:40 am #38939
Wawone

Any Idea?
Thanks.

Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 12:09 pm #39179
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank-you for your inquiry.

s2Member currently does not support restrictions of theme behavior through the WordPress Dashboard. You will need to disable access to certain parts of your site depending on how these features are set up.

– Free users with options: Add more than 3 images, publish their ad in the Featured Ads section for more visibility, even charge for modify their ads,

If you theme already enables this through a Post/Page, you can restrict this by using s2Member’s Post/Page Access Restrctions, or with s2Member’s Shortcode Conditionals.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Post Access Restrictions
See Also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals

Otherwise, if this is a process that is controlled outside of a Post/Page by your theme, you will need to disable it with s2Member’s Advanced PHP Condtionals.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 9:43 am #39408
Wawone

Hi Bruce,
Thanks for answer.
It’s not so easy to integrate S2 with themes when discovering it..
Because I’m not familiar with Php, do you think I could use
s2Member® / PayPal® Buttons instead upgrading all my “0” users to “1”?
I have another question concerning registration: I’d like to have a registration page with a first choice between “Free users with options” and “Pro Users” with access fee. This choice could also be great at top of home page also.
Do you know how to fix it?
Thanks in advance.

Posted: Friday Jan 25th, 2013 at 3:25 pm #39543
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Because I’m not familiar with Php, do you think I could use
s2Member® / PayPal® Buttons instead upgrading all my “0″ users to “1″?

If you’re looking to upgrade your members to s2Member Level 1, and have them pay for it, then you’ll want to use the option here:

For PayPal Buttons: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Subscr. Modification Buttons
For s2Member Pro Forms: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms

I’d like to have a registration page with a first choice between “Free users with options” and “Pro Users” with access fee. This choice could also be great at top of home page also.

You can set this up by creating 2 WordPress Posts/Pages with the button shortcodes for each of your options. Then, you can link to these pages anywhere you’d like, including the home page.

Does that make sense?

Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 8:53 am #40124
Wawone

Hi Bruce,
Thanks for reply but I still have trouble in fixing it..
Do you know someone that could help?
Thanks.

Posted: Saturday Feb 2nd, 2013 at 7:17 am #40389
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

If you need assistance with installation/configuration or custom coding, we recommend job.wordpress.net.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.