latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Help required protecting page

Home Forums Community Forum Help required protecting page

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 7:38 am #37346

Hi,
I am a newbie to S2member but have been using WP for some time. I have set up a site that requires areas to have limited access. So far everything is working well other than one page which I seem to be unable to protect. It is a kind of portfolio listing/thumbnail page. I have set this to be protected but it still shows if you aren’t logged in. I think the issue is because the page content is called in somehow by the theme as you have to set this page in the theme options as that for the portfolio. I hope that makes sense as I know it’s a little complicated.

Any help anyone can provide me with would be very much appreciated,
Andy

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Jason (Lead Developer).
  • This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Eduan. Reason: Moved to the pre-sale questions forum

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 9:09 am #37366
Staff Member
Not a Pre-Sale question.
Moving this to the community forums.
Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 9:16 am #37369

Sorry Jason,

I probably wasn’t very clear in my message there. I haven’t yet purchased S2member and have simply installed the free version until I have everything tested to see if it is capable of what I need.

Is this still not a pre sales question?

Apologies if I have placed in the wrong forum but any help that can be provided would be much appreciated. Very happy to purchase the licence if I can assess whether I can do everything required with it.

Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 11:32 am #37885
Staff Member

Thanks for your reply :-)

Right. It’s not that we don’t want to help, but we have to limit our scope of support in these forums so that we have time to assist site owners who are paying us for support services. I’ll try to answer this in the context of a Pre-Sale question (i.e. as a question about features or functionality), but I can’t offer debugging assistance here.

I am a newbie to S2member but have been using WP for some time. I have set up a site that requires areas to have limited access. So far everything is working well other than one page which I seem to be unable to protect. It is a kind of portfolio listing/thumbnail page. I have set this to be protected but it still shows if you aren’t logged in. I think the issue is because the page content is called in somehow by the theme as you have to set this page in the theme options as that for the portfolio. I hope that makes sense as I know it’s a little complicated.

s2Member (even the free version), comes with a feature called “URI Restrictons”. Any Post/Page (or some other type of content) that is declassified as a Post/Page/Category/Tag/etc (as you mentioned your theme is doing with a specific Page that it assigns to some other aspect of your site), you will need to protect that content using a URI Restriction with s2Member; because when it’s declassified by your theme and served up differently on-site, WordPress does not consider it a Post/Page any longer. That is, it’s not served as a Post/Page, it’s served as something slightly different, by your theme in this case.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions
See also: Video » s2Member (Content Restriction Trouble?)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.