latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to migrate existing "members' into s2memb

Home Forums Community Forum How to migrate existing "members' into s2memb

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Nov 9th, 2012 at 4:58 pm #31176

Hi,

I currently have a membership site but I simply use WP password-encryption and give everyone the same password (which I change now and then). To make it more efficient, I installed S2Member so each can have their own password.

However, once I launch S2Member, how do i register my current members?

I have all their emails but they have already paid me so I can’t send them through the “pal-pal s2member” process.
I need to somehow add them in to the backend but where they can still register and get their password.

any ideas?

Thank you

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Nov 9th, 2012 at 11:17 pm #31183

From what I see, I could add them in to the backend of the WP users and do it that way but I would personally have to create each of them a username and password… time-consuming big time… Plus, how do I enter their paypal details so S2member erases them if they ask for a refund, etc?

Posted: Monday Nov 12th, 2012 at 1:20 pm #31326
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Matthew,

One way you can achieve this is simply using the free registration form, which you can find under http://www.yourwebsite.com/wp-login.php?action=register, that would allow them to register.

Although to add their PayPal info you will need to edit them manually.

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday Nov 28th, 2012 at 7:03 pm #32844

Wow , this helped.

Thanks for the advice :)

Posted: Thursday Nov 29th, 2012 at 10:36 am #32908
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Glad I was able to help Matthew. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.