latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to reset User counts

Home Forums Community Forum How to reset User counts

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 9th, 2012 at 4:26 pm #4667
Jason Owens
Username: owens310

How can I reset the total number of users on my Users page? I did a small import from a CSV file. Worked well. I didn’t catch one small thing (role was not entered correctly, so system ignored it) before doing a much larger import of several hundred users. Rather than delete the users in groups of 20 from the Users page, I went to the SQL table and deleted them in one fell swoop. I was able to re-import the users correctly, but now my total User counts (All users, Level 1 users, Level 2, etc.) is double what it should be. How can I reset the counts to reflect the accurate numbers? I tried looking for additional SQL tables, but could not find them.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 9th, 2012 at 4:52 pm #4672
Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for your inquiry.

It sounds like you deleted Users from the wp_users table, but left references to these Users in the wp_usermeta table. You’ll need to make sure that all related entries matching the user_id column in your wp_usermeta table are removed. Otherwise WordPress will think they still exist.

* Be sure to back things up before deleting :-)

Posted: Thursday Feb 9th, 2012 at 8:23 pm #4696
Jason Owens
Username: owens310

Jason,
Thanks for your response. It was exactly what I needed. I was able to find the correlating offenders inside the wp_usermeta table. I was able to remove them, and now my counts line up.

Many thanks!
Jason O.

Posted: Friday Feb 10th, 2012 at 1:03 am #4720
Staff Member

Very welcome Jason :-)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.