latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to sell online magazine…

Home Forums Community Forum How to sell online magazine…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Nathan 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Oct 15th, 2012 at 8:51 am #28413
Chris Vidal
Username: tsun

Hi there,

im not sure if s2member plugin is able to handle this requirements as im very new here :
Could someone advice please regarding this :
* i plan to use one custom post will to offer one pdf file or one embed object for selling
* 2 ways to access the content
– one issue, meaning the latest / current issue, available for ever
– one year subscription for access from the latest / issue and the 3 next issues, available for ever also

Is there a way to implement this with s2member plugin please ?

Thanks
Chris

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  Eduan. Reason: Moved to pre-sale questions forum

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Oct 16th, 2012 at 10:44 am #28559
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Chris,

I don’t think you can achieve this with s2Member, at least not without custom coding. You would have to check if the member has a certain custom capability (ccap for short), and then check what issues he can access, depending on what the current issue is.

one year subscription for access from the latest / issue and the 3 next issues, available for ever also

Could you please clarify on this? I’m a little confused, you want it to be a one year subscription, but available for forever? What do you mean with available for forever? I suppose you mean that this plan will never change.

– Eduan

Posted: Tuesday Oct 16th, 2012 at 10:57 am #28565
cassel
Username: cassel

I am not 100% sure it is the same thing, but i have a membership that one can purchase and will only start on the current month, onward. So if the user purchases the subscription in October, all the issues before that are not accessible, but anything from the time of the subscription onward will be accessible (as long as they pay). Is that the kind of subscription you are looking into?

Posted: Saturday Oct 20th, 2012 at 3:46 pm #29172
Nathan
Username: n8-b

Hello Cassel,

That’s exactly what I would like to do. Are you using s2Member to do that? We sell a monthly magazine and would like to offer subscriptions to digital versions of our issues. However, I’d also need to integrate this with a shopping cart (e.g. Cart66) because we also need to sell print copies of the magazine.

I’m new to s2members and would appreciate any pointers.

Thanks – Nathan

Posted: Saturday Oct 20th, 2012 at 4:29 pm #29177
cassel
Username: cassel

I am using s2Member and a hack i had coded by my programmer. You can read a little bit about the hack here:
http://krumch.com/2012/09/03/s2member-hack-custom-ccaps/
You can contact the programmer to see how it can be added to your installation.
As far as a cart, i am not using one so i would be of no help on that.

I hope it helps a little.

Posted: Saturday Oct 20th, 2012 at 4:43 pm #29178
Nathan
Username: n8-b

Thanks for the link, Cassel. I’ll have a look now. It certainly helps!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.