latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Import CSV documentation

Home Forums Community Forum Import CSV documentation

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:34 pm #8505

Hey there.

Importing a CSV I am adapting from a clients export from her old software. Hoping to bring the existing paypal payments into the mix as smoothly as possible

In the export I have these columns:

Member since Renewal due Subscription Period Paypal Payment ID

What fields should they relate to in the import CSV – First Payment Date, Last Payment Date, etc

Thanks,
Chris

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Mar 19th, 2012 at 1:48 pm #8553
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Chris,

Have you seen the documentation in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Importation? There are a few examples near the bottom that explain the different fields.

If you need further help, please provide us with a full line of the exported CSV data, along with any header descriptions that identify the columns.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 20th, 2012 at 3:50 am #8583

These are the key ones. There are some custom fields, but I know how to do those:

• Username
  • Password
  • First Name
  • Last Name
  • Display Name
  • Member since date
  • Renewal due date
  • Membership Level
  • Paypal ID

Ideally I want this to be able to pick up subscriptions where they left off, but I need the dates and paypal stuff to be imported right for that.

Bless,
Chris

Posted: Tuesday Mar 20th, 2012 at 12:00 pm #8615
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Chris,

Here’s the example taken from Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Importation that describes what each field in a s2Member Import file represents:

"ID","Username","Password","First Name","Last Name","Display Name","Email","Website","Level[0-9]+ or Role ID","Custom Capabilities","Registration Date ( mm/dd/yyyy )","First Payment Date ( mm/dd/yyyy )","Last Payment Date ( mm/dd/yyyy )","Auto-EOT Date ( mm/dd/yyyy )","Custom Value ( starts w/domain )","Paid Subscr. ID","Paid Subscr. Gateway","Custom Field ID #1","Custom Field Value #1","Custom Field ID #2","Custom Field Value #2", ...

Using that, we can match the fields from your other software to that of s2Member:

Username -> Username
Password -> Password
First Name -> First Name
Last Name -> Last Name
Display Name -> Display Name
e-Mail -> Email
Member since date -> Registration Date ( mm/dd/yyyy )
Renewal due date -> [n/a]
Membership Level -> Level[0-9]+ or Role ID
Paypal ID -> Paid Subscr. ID

Additionally, if these are PayPal subscriptions that you’re importing, you’ll need to make sure that the Paid Subscr. Gateway field for each row is set to paypal, so that s2Member knows the subscription is a PayPal subscription.

You may want to add a sample user and sample payment data to s2Member (you can edit the sample user’s profile and then insert dummy values in the Paid Subscr. ID field, etc.) and then run an Export (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Exportation) so that you have a base-format to work with when building your import file.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.