latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Import problem

Home Forums Community Forum Import problem

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jul 26th, 2012 at 2:10 pm #20324
lisa carr
Username: pageadmin

Hi, I am trying to import and am getting this error. I have around 700 members but am just trying to get the csv file good for importing with one person’s info. One thing i have noticed – I am using open office. When I opened the member list which is in a csv file, I do not see any quotation marks around any fields. I added them to this test import of one person but will that affect the importation? How would i possibly add quotation marks in all the fields? Is it the way the csv is saved? Here is the error and csv:
The following errors were encountered during importation:
Line #1. User ID# ‘”ID”‘ does NOT belong to an existing User.
Line #2. User ID# ‘””‘ does NOT belong to an existing User.

"ID","Username","Password",“First Name”,“Last Name”,“street_address”	“Alternate-address”,“City”,“county”,“State”	“Zip”,“phone”,“member”,“Member-level”,“role”,“Membership-term”,“Expire-date”,“Member-since”,“Last-revised”,“comments”,“nagc-member”,“Affiliate-chapter”,“profession”,“School-organization-name”,“School-district”,“Email”,“Alternate-email”,“Payment-info”,“Payment-history”
"","",“password”,“Joe”,“Shmo”,“1 Mainstreet”,“”,“Town”,“”,“PA”,“18000”,“”,“yes”,“Family”,“Family 1 year member”,“1yr”,“1/30/2013”,“2/10/08”,“1/31/12”,"2012 Conference Platinum Sponsor”,“”,“”,“Parent”,“”,“”,“email@gmail.com”,“anotheremail@gmail.com”,“”,“”

Also, notice that the quotation marks are different. The first ones for ID and user were copied from the text in your directions on the user panel. The others (sort of look more stylized) were written using open office – added by hand. I have read that by default open office puts quotes around it’ fields but I do not see any.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks,
Lisa

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jul 26th, 2012 at 2:16 pm #20325
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Lisa,

Have you followed the instructions on how to import/export found in this article?:
Knowledge Base » Importing existing subscriptions

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Jul 26th, 2012 at 2:26 pm #20328
lisa carr
Username: pageadmin

these are not existing subscriptions through paypal. I am using a csv of members that was generated in microsoft access and then I opened in open office. Because all of the members have payed in different ways throughout the years, my client wants to “start fresh” and import all of the members with their existing info. Once the time comes for them to renew, they will use the new s2 member buttons and then they will get into the new system. Because they are already members, I will give them all the same password and they can go in and change it and update their info. Or that’s the plan! Any other ideas???

Posted: Thursday Jul 26th, 2012 at 9:48 pm #20352

One thing i have noticed – I am using open office. When I opened the member list which is in a csv file, I do not see any quotation marks around any fields. I added them to this test import of one person but will that affect the importation? How would i possibly add quotation marks in all the fields? Is it the way the csv is saved?

I think that’s a setting in OpenOffice Calc.

Yup, just checked it. When you “save as”, make sure the format is “Text CSV” and if you check the “edit filter settings” box you’ll be asked what the field and text separators should be.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.