latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Istalled Pro via FTP, not seen in WordPress

Home Forums Community Forum Istalled Pro via FTP, not seen in WordPress

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday May 17th, 2013 at 3:18 pm #50141

I have uploaded the /s2member-pro folder via FileZilla into the /wp-content/plugins folder successfully, according to FileZilla.
However, there is no change in WordPress and I do not have access to the s2member Pro that I paid for.

There is no duplicate content (wp-content/plugins/s2member/s2member, etc) and s2member Framework and WordPress are up to date. I followed the only available instructions online http://www.s2member.com/pro/#s2-pro-tabs.

Please help with alternative instructions or troubleshooting, do not link me to the s2member instructions.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday May 19th, 2013 at 10:27 pm #50206
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Albert,

Could you please clarify what s2Member folders are available under /wp-content/plugins? Thanks!

– Eduan

Posted: Monday May 20th, 2013 at 8:33 am #50220

Hello Eduan,

In FileZilla, in the “Remote Site:” box it reads “/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro”

Now there is also “/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member” “/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-logs” “/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files” if that is at all a complication.

Thank you

Posted: Wednesday May 22nd, 2013 at 6:09 am #50347
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

Could you send us a FTP login? We’ll see if we can find the issue.

You can send that here: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Wednesday May 22nd, 2013 at 10:57 am #50371

Good afternoon,

Fortunately, my WordPress site finally caught up to the FTP transfer. It did, however, take five days and I did nothing differently. I used Filezilla, fyi.
You may want to warn customers that this may occur. I followed all available instructions but found no support forum to deal with my specific issue. If you would still like my information to invesitgate this individual issue, please let me know and I would be happy to pass it along.

Thank you for getting back to me in a timely manner!

Posted: Sunday May 26th, 2013 at 5:13 pm #50664
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Albert,

Thanks for confirming it started working. :)

I contacted Jason about this to make sure it’s a problem that would be found in several servers. :)

Just to make sure. Who is your server provider? And what version of WordPress are you using? Thanks! :)

– Eduan

Posted: Sunday May 26th, 2013 at 6:47 pm #50677

Maybe it was a caching thing done by your server? I’m not sure what could cause it to delay 5 days to show up in your plugins list, this is the first report I’ve seen like it.

Anyway, I’m glad it’s working for you now. Thanks for the update!

Posted: Sunday May 26th, 2013 at 11:44 pm #50693

I asked Jason about it and here’s what he said:

Jason Caldwell said:
This can happen when there is server replication going on.

For instance, if you FTP files to your hosting company, but your hosting company doesn’t actually use those files you upload; it copies them over to a CDN, or something like that. Sometimes a hosting company will use NFS (Network File Storage); where files are constantly replicated back to a centralized location.

There’s nothing we can do about this. Most hosting companies do NOT take five days on purpose, but I suppose that could happen if there were network issues or some other problem on the hosting side of things.

I’ve only used one hosting company where this was an issue. Rackspace Cloud Sites are known to experience this type of thing. It seems that Rackspace takes a little longer than usual for the files to make it back to the NFS after you upload them. Even then, it’s usually minutes (or hours at most); not days.

Possible solutions in the case of server replication:

If at first you don’t succeed (e.g. files are not recognized by WordPress®):
– Delete all of the files via FTP.
– Upload them again and wait 15 minutes.

If that doesn’t work, contact your hosting company about the issue.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.