latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

List removal with EOT for different levels?

Home Forums Community Forum List removal with EOT for different levels?

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Apr 9th, 2013 at 2:57 pm #46933

Hi guys,

I have a problem with the automatic list removal according to EOT behavior.

I’m offering a free two weeks trial period in my membership site for a 12 weeks course, and then users are offered to buy a paid membership to keep access to my site (i.e. the rest of the course). EOT is set to delete accounts:

• Scenario 1: a paid subscriber finishes the course (after 12 weeks), or asks for a refund/cancellation => their account is deleted.
  • Scenario 2: a free subscriber doesn’t upgrade to a paid subscription after the 2 weeks trial period => their account is deleted

Free Subscribers (Level 0) receiving the trial and Paid Members (Level 1) are set to two different lists in Aweber. The list for free subscriber is kind of a “prospects” list, while the list for paid subscribers is a “customers” list.

If a free subscriber upgrades to a paid membership after the 2 weeks trial, they will be removed from the prospects list and subscribed to the Level 1 – customers – list (Aweber takes care of this).

If the free subscriber doesn’t upgrade, their account should be deleted BUT they should stay in the prospects list. Same thing for the paid subscribers, once they finish the course (after 12 weeks) their account should be deleted but they should stay in the customers list.

As I want users to stay in their corresponding lists, I could set List Removal to none (uncheck everything), but then what happens with refunds/chargebacks/cancellations? These DO need to be removed from my customers list.

Wanted behavior is this:
Only remove (unsubscribe) from list in case of refund/chargeback/cancelation of paid membership.

It would be nice to have a little more flexible EOT/List behavior, but if this is not possible right now how could I set it up so that the list removal action only triggers for refunds/cancellations and not at normal (i.e. expiration) EOT?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Apr 10th, 2013 at 8:48 am #47078

Hi Mary.

I’ll ask Jason if there’s a simple way to achieve that.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 10th, 2013 at 9:04 am #47083

This is what he replied:

Please create this directory and file: /wp-content/mu-plugins/s2-hacks.php
http://www.s2member.com/kb/hacking-s2member/

[hilite pre_code]
Posted: Thursday Apr 11th, 2013 at 1:39 pm #47210

Hi Cristián,

Thanks a lot for you answer. Is the code you posted complete? I mean, there’s no closing php tag. Is it supposed to be like that? (haven’t tried it)

Also, I don’t quite understand what the functions does, so would it do this:

Only remove (unsubscribe) from list in case of refund/chargeback/cancelation of paid membership.

?

And lastly, what should I choose in the configuration for automatic list removal? should any of the checkbox need to be checked or none?

Posted: Friday Apr 12th, 2013 at 5:30 am #47282

Thanks a lot for you answer. Is the code you posted complete? I mean, there’s no closing php tag. Is it supposed to be like that? (haven’t tried it)

That’s not a problem. We post the hacks like that to prevent some site owners from leaving a space or linebreak after the closing PHP tag and getting errors for outputting to the browser before the headers. Of course, if you want to put together more than one hack in a single file, you’d remove the opening PHP tag from the following ones, since you only need it once, at the very beginning of the file.

Also, I don’t quite understand what the functions does, so would it do this:

I had not reviewed the code, I just copy/pasted what Jason replied. I read it now and what it does is only process the list server removal if the event is an ‘ipn-refund-reversal-demotion’ or ‘ipn-cancellation-expiration-demotion’.

And lastly, what should I choose in the configuration for automatic list removal? should any of the checkbox need to be checked or none?

I’m guessing checked, otherwise no one will be removed, but please run your tests to make sure it does what you want.

Posted: Saturday Apr 13th, 2013 at 5:08 pm #47433

Hi Cristián, thanks for hyour reply.

I understand. If the code does what you say, I still have a little problem, because removals should not be processed with expiration (i.e., a customer finishes the 12 weeks course, looses access to the site – account is deleted – but they should stay in the customers list). Only refunds, chargebacks and cancellation should be removed from the list.

Sounds like this won’t be possible (or not that easy) and that I rather keep everything unchecked and process refunds/chargebacks/cancellations manually, right?

Posted: Monday Apr 15th, 2013 at 7:43 am #47482

Yeah, I guess manual would be your option for now, unless you customized s2Member’s code to distinguish between cancellation and expiration.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.