latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

loading of rss

Home Forums Community Forum loading of rss

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Dec 6th, 2012 at 7:42 pm #33822

First off, GREAT PLUGIN!!!!

Here’s my situation. Perhaps there is a solution to it but for now, my head is spinning trying to figure out a solution.

Here’s what I’m doing. I’m developing an app through Phonegap which is supposed to stream podcast episodes.

I’ve done a custom login script and it seems work correctly, (i think). Now here is my situation that I need some help with.

I’ve followed the instructions on Remote Header Authorization and put both my feed and protected files in the s2member-files directory.

What I’m trying to do is load the protected rss and play the contained mp3s.

Here’s the weird thing.

AFTER LOGIN,
If I make a direct link to the rss file (in the s2member-files directory), I can download the file.
If I make a direct link to the mp3 items (in the s2member-files directory), I can download those as well.

If I try and load the protected rss in a reader, it does not load.
If I try and load the protected mp3s via html5, they do not load.

I also know that the coding is correct because if a rss file and/or mp3s do not exist within the s2member-files directory, I can load the rss feed and stream the mp3s as well.

Is there any insight you think might be going on here? If I had any hair, I’d be pulling it out by now.

Thanks in advance

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  JB Glossinger.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Dec 9th, 2012 at 2:51 am #34038
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi JB,

That’s interesting. Can you try running this Server Check Tool?

This sounds like an issue with a server incompatibility. I believe something like this happens when GZip is improperly installed.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.