latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

member not showing up in users

Home Forums Community Forum member not showing up in users

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Mar 11th, 2013 at 2:18 pm #44271
lisa carr
Username: pageadmin

i have had a few members sign up and pay through paypal. i receive an email from paypal complete with transaction id and level, etc. but i never receive anything else. when i search for the new member in s2 members, they are not there. ideas?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 12th, 2013 at 2:12 pm #44411

Hello Lisa.

Are you using the s2Member buttons for PayPal Standard, or pro-forms for PayPal Express Checkout?
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms[/hilite]

Could you show me the shortcode you’re using?

Posted: Tuesday Mar 12th, 2013 at 2:20 pm #44413
lisa carr

they are the standard

Posted: Tuesday Mar 12th, 2013 at 2:26 pm #44414

Thanks. Can I see the shortcode you’re using for it?

Or are you using a button created over at PayPal’s site? If so, did you integrate it with s2Member? Knowledge Base » Using Buttons Generated @ PayPal.com

Also, did verify that your s2Member-PayPal integration is fully/correctly done? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options[/hilite]

Posted: Tuesday Mar 12th, 2013 at 2:33 pm #44416
lisa carr

i used the s2 button generator. the weird thing is that many of them go through and are fine, but some don’t.
here are a few levels:

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="6" ccaps="" desc="Family 1 year member / $45" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.giftedpage.org" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="45." rp="1" rt="Y" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

<h3>[divider style="solid"]Family 1 year member + NACG membership $61</h3>
Includes access for a family for 1 year to the PAGE member area, newsletters and publications. Special pricing to our annual PAGE conference PLUS a 1 year non-voting parent membership to the National Association for Gifted Children and 4 issues of <em>"Parenting for High Potential".</em>

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="7" ccaps="" desc="Family 1 year member + NAGC membership / $61" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.giftedpage.org" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="61." rp="1" rt="Y" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]
Posted: Thursday Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:39 am #44587

Thanks.

Did you complete the PayPal integration? Did you verify that everything is correct on s2Member’s and PayPal’s sides? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options[/hilite]

Could you submit your site’s info so I can look at the s2Member logs for PayPal? Please include what transactions are the ones that had the problem, so I look them up in the logs. Let me know when you sent it. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Thanks. :)

Posted: Thursday Mar 14th, 2013 at 5:29 pm #44650
lisa carr

Hi Cristian
i sent you a pm – with the login info.
the person who recently had trouble – paid for a membership, clicked the button to register for access to the site and was taken to the homepage (or so she said).
she never saw the registration form….i sent her name in the private message

thanks for any help you could provide!

Posted: Monday Mar 18th, 2013 at 6:44 pm #45080

Thanks for the email, Lisa. Sorry about the delay to reply.

I logged into the admin are successfully, but there are no s2Member logs, logging is disabled so I can’t see any info related the transaction for that customer.

Could you enable logging, please, and let me know when you see the problem happen again so I can examine the log entries? Thanks! [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› Logging Configuration[/hilite]

Posted: Monday Mar 18th, 2013 at 6:56 pm #45082
lisa carr

sorry Cristian – i just enabled it. thanks for your help!

Posted: Tuesday Mar 19th, 2013 at 2:17 am #45146

No problem. :)

Let me know when you get a transaction like that logged, so I can take a look. Thanks!

Posted: Monday Apr 1st, 2013 at 9:36 am #46273
lisa carr

Hi Cristian

It happened again. Do you still have login info for this or do you want me to PM you again?
the person paid through paypal for membership – but we did not receive a wordpress notice and she did not appear in the s2 database…..

please let me know what you need – thanks!

Posted: Monday Apr 1st, 2013 at 11:48 pm #46332

Yes, I had the login info.

I see in the IPN log an error from over a week ago:

2 => ‘Unable to verify `$_SERVER[“HTTP_HOST”]`. Please check the `custom` value in your Button Code. It MUST start with your domain name.’,

But don’t see it happen again, so I’m guessing you fixed that already.

The latest entries don’t show errors. The very last one is a subscription, but by an existing user, so there’s no signup confirmation email sent, since that’s only sent for new paid signups.

What was the transaction that you say had the problem recently so I look for it specifically in the logs?

Posted: Tuesday Apr 2nd, 2013 at 11:19 am #46390
lisa carr

Hi Cristian

here is the transcation# and date:
Mar 30, 2013 05:47:09 PDT
Transaction ID: 7UY38838W8896044D

it was for:
Individual 1 year membership / $35
Item #: 1::1 Y
Originating Domain: http://www.giftedpage.org, Customer IP Address: 70.199.2.93

i can also provide you with the person’s name and email if yo want…just let me know!

thanks!

Posted: Thursday Apr 4th, 2013 at 6:42 am #46580

Thanks.

I found the entry and it doesn’t show any errors. It even says that the confirmation email was sent to the person:

5 => ‘Signup Confirmation Email sent to: “Dr. S**** K*****” <*********@yahoo.com>.’,

You said

the person paid through paypal for membership – but we did not receive a wordpress notice and she did not appear in the s2 database…..

Did the person register? Remember that going through the checkout doesn’t register the account automatically. The person then has to go create his account in your site after paying.

Or you could use the pro-form which will register the user right before doing the checkout over at PayPal. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Membership Level # Forms[/hilite]

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.