latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Member upgrade question

Home Forums Community Forum Member upgrade question

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jun 19th, 2013 at 3:13 pm #52238
JAMES HALL
Username: jhall_3rd

I’m not understanding how a current member (one-time payment non-recurring) can upgrade to a higher level that is recurring.

I’m getting complaints that current members are successfully paying for the upgrade (from NON recurring > recurring) but their account is not getting updated with the new level and ccaps.

I don;t understand how this could happen unless the use is trying to use a different email address — but that’s not the case in these instances.

Is it that an upgrade only works with a modification button and the user logged-in? Ideally, i would like it to work even if they clicked on a purchase button outside the protected area.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jun 20th, 2013 at 2:49 am #52273

An upgrade will only happen if the user is logged in to his account. If he’s not logged in, the payment goes towards a new signup. So upgrade buttons/forms, should be shown only to logged in users, either protecting the whole page, or using a conditional. I’m guessing they were logged out when they made the new payment.

About the upgrade, if they then end the subscription, the EOT Behavior will be to demote him to Level 0 (this is the default setting), regardless of his previous level. He won’t be demoted to the paid level he had before. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior[/hilite]

If the one-time payment access is a ccap and the upgrade a level, then there’s a setting in the EOT Behavior that lets you leave his ccaps instead of removing them. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior -> Custom Capabilities[/hilite]

Posted: Thursday Jun 20th, 2013 at 9:43 am #52292
JAMES HALL
Username: jhall_3rd

ok, thanks – i’m just not sure what to do about these users that have paid for new sub’n products while NOT logged-in. After receiving notice from them that they were unable to access their new stuff, i went in and manually upgraded their level & ccaps. But i am wondering about the PP profile ID. Do i have to find the new PP transaction ID and copy that into their user profile?

BTW, it would be insanely great if S2M were able to recognize someone (their email address) upon returning from a new PP transaction, and nicely merge/modify their user account.

Posted: Friday Jun 21st, 2013 at 6:25 am #52321

Do i have to find the new PP transaction ID and copy that into their user profile?

Yes, otherwise future notifications from PayPal (like when the subscription ends) won’t be tied to that user and s2Member won’t know to demote him when it comes to that.

BTW, it would be insanely great if S2M were able to recognize someone (their email address) upon returning from a new PP transaction, and nicely merge/modify their user account.

We’re working on this. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.