latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Members with Editing Access to Single Post

Home Forums Community Forum Members with Editing Access to Single Post

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jun 21st, 2013 at 4:05 pm #52345

I would like to have custom post type “Members” where each post is a Member Profile. Then each actual user that registers is given access to edit just that one post that corresponds to them. I’m sure this permission process would be manual, but can I give Editing access to just one post? I am not just using the standard s2 member profile because I need the category structure of a post type and more of a free form field where a member can insert their photo and various information.

In summary:
Can I have a user in an s2 Level also be a wordpress Contributor role for a single post?

ie. “John Smith” is a Level 1 member who can edit the post “Smith & Co.”

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jun 22nd, 2013 at 12:25 am #52366
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

Can I have a user in an s2 Level also be a wordpress Contributor role for a single post?

The short answer is no. This would require custom code to accomplish this and probably a front-end Post editing field to accomplish what you’re looking for. You would need to have a developer set something like this up for you. If you can get a developer to set up the editing mechanism, he could use s2Member’s Custom Capabilities + Advanced PHP Conditionals to accomplish the restriction to the ability to edit/create Posts/Pages, but s2Member itself does not have this capability built in.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.