latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Membership Approval Process

Home Forums Community Forum Membership Approval Process

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Apr 4th, 2013 at 10:45 pm #46657

I am looking to create the following membership application process:

1. Member signs up at level 0 (free).
  2. Email gets sent to admin to approve member for a paid membership.
  3. Admin reviews user and approves or denies the users membership.
  4. Approved users are sent to membership selection (level 1 or 2), then to a payment form; denied users are sent an email denying membership.

The only way I can think of doing this is to:

1. Have the user sign up at level 0.
  2. Approve members by sending them an email to select a membership level.
  3. Use paypal buttons (instead of forms) for payment.

Am I correct in this thinking? Is there a better way?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Apr 6th, 2013 at 10:28 am #46759
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Charles,

So basically you want to approve the user before he can buy membership correct?

If that’s the case then it’s pretty simple.:

1. Member registers for free (level 0).
  2. Admin gets notification of this.
  3. Admin approves or denies users by upgrading them to level 1 or by deleting the user (to deny him).
  4. Approved users get access (with level 1) to access pages that contain upgrade buttons to higher levels for which they must pay.

Would a process like that work for your purposes? It’s the best way if what you want to do is approve users before they can pay for access. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday Apr 6th, 2013 at 10:29 am #46760

Yes! That’s exactly what I’m doing. Thanks for your reply!

Posted: Friday May 31st, 2013 at 9:41 pm #51097

Dumb question: Can you:

a) explain specifically how to configure it so that if someone signs up at membership level 0 that it needs to be approved before they are allowed to go to level 1?
b) tell me if it’s possible (and if it is, please explain also :-)) to have users register with s2member ‘free registration option’ but not be able to access the site until an admin approves their membership.

Posted: Sunday Jun 2nd, 2013 at 3:39 pm #51191
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Dobbiedada. :)

a) explain specifically how to configure it so that if someone signs up at membership level 0 that it needs to be approved before they are allowed to go to level 1?
b) tell me if it’s possible (and if it is, please explain also :-)) to have users register with s2member ‘free registration option’ but not be able to access the site until an admin approves their membership.

For both of these questions, check this post I made in the past:
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/site-with-free-approved-membership/#post-37325

– Eduan

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.