latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Membership level without any payment gateway

Home Forums Community Forum Membership level without any payment gateway

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Feb 8th, 2013 at 12:17 am #41168

Hello,
I want to create membership level for my customers without any payment gateway to enable them to download digital content. Here is the details: We are processing payment outside from our website. We will collect cash from clients. Once we got payment, we have to create new user name and password and will select required membership level. Client will receive mail with their access details. Then clients should redirect to the download page (to download digital content) once they logged in. After downloading the content client will be redirected to thank you page or home page. This is our actual requirement.

Here i can able to create user name, password and select requirement membership level from admin (add a user). But i unable to redirect customers to download page without any payment gateway. Kindly help me to solve this issue.

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 8th, 2013 at 12:51 am #41171

Take a look at s2member->General Options->Login welcome page.
A special URL redirection posssibility is available there. Maybe that is something you can use.

HTH

Posted: Saturday Feb 9th, 2013 at 12:50 pm #41257

hello boudewijn,

Thanks for your reply. But this will not solve my actual issue. I want to redirect to different download pages based on their membership level (means this should be dynamic).

Regards

Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 5:19 pm #41420
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

Thanks for your reply. But this will not solve my actual issue. I want to redirect to different download pages based on their membership level (means this should be dynamic).

s2Member’s Login Welcome Page section is designed to support this. Below the dropdown to select a Page in your WordPress Installation, you can also specify a URI pattern.

Please let us know if problems persist. :-)

Posted: Wednesday Feb 13th, 2013 at 12:58 am #41595

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for your reply. I think this redirection URL will go to static page. Actually i want to redirect to dynamic download page based on their membership level once they logged in(each membership level have different download content, zip or pdf). I hope this help to understand my actual issue.

Thanks

Posted: Wednesday Feb 13th, 2013 at 2:23 am #41597

Take a look at s2member->API scripting->Simple shortcode conditionals, 3rd example.
maybe that could give you an idea how to set up that one page.

thinking of it you could maybe use some javascript combined with that example. Like this:

[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level2)]
    <script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    window.location = "http://www.yoursite.com/page_level_2"
    //-->
    </script>
[/s2If]

[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level1)]
    <script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    window.location = "http://www.yoursite.com/page_level_1"
    //-->
    </script>
[/s2If]

I did not test this, so maybe it needs some tweaking.

Posted: Wednesday Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:52 pm #41633

Thank you boudewijn. I hope this will help me to solve my issue

Posted: Thursday Feb 14th, 2013 at 1:39 am #41669

I tested the idea I posted previously (with the script). It doesn’t seem to work.
So I now would stick to my first idea to use the code sample but add the content directly into that page.

Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 4:57 am #41815
Staff Member

Thank you for your reply. I think this redirection URL will go to static page. Actually i want to redirect to dynamic download page based on their membership level once they logged in(each membership level have different download content, zip or pdf). I hope this help to understand my actual issue.

s2Member’s Login Redirection URL supports several Replacement Codes, and one of these is %%current_user_level%%. Please see: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login Welcome Page

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.