latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Multiple websites + Buddypress integration

Home Forums Community Forum Multiple websites + Buddypress integration

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  jorge 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Nov 12th, 2012 at 4:57 pm #31351
jorge
Username: jorgitoz

I have two wordpress websites. One is a standard blog and the other has buddypress installed.

My goal is to sell a membership on the buddypress site and a product on the wordpress site. I have 2 products I’m selling and each time a product is sold I want the user to have access to a private forum specific to that product on the buddypress site.

I basically need to synchronize the databases from both sites and was told I could do this by using a ‘create user’ hook on this forum: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/multiple-websites-buddypress-integration/

In the case of an upsell it would be more of an update to an existing user.

I’ve been talking to developers and they said it could possibly be done easier with a plugin like: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/external-database-authentication/

This would mean the user would only register on one site (buddypress) and I was wondering if you have any experience with this plugin or if there are any known issues with trying to integrate the sites with this method?

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Nov 13th, 2012 at 1:53 am #31413
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Jorge,

I don’t have any experience with those other plugins, but I can say that it would make more sense to authenticate against one database instead of having multiple copies of the account. Multiple copies of the account would require syncing changes to things like email addresses and passwords.

That said, s2Member uses the WordPress authentication system, so all of what you’re doing would take place at the WordPress level, not the s2Member level.

s2Member cannot currently restrict content on other WordPress sites, as s2Member is a WordPress plugin and its reach is limited to the WordPress installation where it’s installed.

Posted: Tuesday Nov 13th, 2012 at 12:55 pm #31463
jorge
Username: jorgitoz

I think I’ll just have to move everything to the new site… long term it will probably be the better choice…

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.