latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Multiple websites + Buddypress integration

Home Forums Community Forum Multiple websites + Buddypress integration

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  jorge 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Oct 20th, 2012 at 2:44 pm #29170
jorge
Username: jorgitoz

I currently have a website set up as a wordpress blog with s2member where I sell my products. The theme I have doesn’t really work with Buddypress so I’m thinking of setting up Buddypress on a different domain name.

Is it possible to sell a subscription service on the Buddypress site (giving access to private forums) and also lifetime access to the wordpress blog? Basically give level 1 access on both sites…

If so, how would this be done?

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Oct 22nd, 2012 at 8:49 am #29244

Hi Jorge.

s2Member would only affect the WP installation it’s in. If you want two site’s users to be synched, you’ll need to hack it. I have no experience with it, but you can try googling or going to a WP forum.

It’d probably be simpler to make BuddyPress work in your current WP installation, though. You can get in touch with the theme’s develper to try make it work with BP.

Posted: Monday Oct 22nd, 2012 at 12:43 pm #29274
jorge

Got it… Thanks!

Posted: Monday Oct 22nd, 2012 at 12:46 pm #29276
jorge

Actually I have a question… I remember reading this on a previous question that I think it’s the way to do it but since I barely understand code I may be completely wrong…

Hi Jorge,

The only way to do this would be to set up a hook within a mu-plugin on site #2 so that you could send the user data to that site from site #1 and create_user() on that site. A developer familiar with WordPress could use the ‘user_register’ hook within WordPress to make this work.

If you’d like to keep an eye out on the s2Member Knowledge Base, we may post some information and sample code for this within a couple weeks.

It wouldn’t be so much creating a ‘new user’ but updating a current one… is that possible?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  jorge.
Posted: Monday Oct 22nd, 2012 at 2:52 pm #29312
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Yes, you can certainly update existing users. All s2Member users are WordPress users, so any of the WordPress functions would work (you might be interested in the wp_update_user() function (docs here).

Posted: Monday Oct 22nd, 2012 at 5:09 pm #29334
jorge

Cool… Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.