latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

multisite use for subdomain

Home Forums Community Forum multisite use for subdomain

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 27th, 2013 at 12:23 pm #43338

i have a main site called http://www.mysite.com. s2member is installed on there. i have multisite set up. how do i set it up where someone signs up on http://www.mysite.com gets access to member.mysite.com?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 8:42 am #43468

Hi khoi.

So the users would get their own blog? Well, you’d enable that from [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Multisite (Config)[/hilite].

If you have s2Member Pro installed in that network and users get their blog, you’ll need the Network Support license. s2Member® » Prices/Licensing » Blog Farming

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 11:23 am #43502

Hi Cristian

Users will not be able to or allowed to have their own blogs. the member.mysite.com is still my site. Instead of having a members area within mysite.com, i’m having the members area in a subdomain. s2member configuration doesn’t let me specify members page on a subdomain.

do i still need blog farming license to have my members area in a subdomain? I have set up multisite enabled. I guess you can say that member.mysite.com will be a child blog that i will maintain. The members that sign up on mysite.com will have access to the child blog.

Posted: Saturday Mar 2nd, 2013 at 9:07 am #43600

khoi nguyen said:
do i still need blog farming license to have my members area in a subdomain? I have set up multisite enabled. I guess you can say that member.mysite.com will be a child blog that i will maintain. The members that sign up on mysite.com will have access to the child blog.

Then yes, if the users will have a child blog, then the blog farming license would be needed.

http://www.s2member.com/prices/#s2-terms-blog-farming

If you operate a WordPress® Multisite Network, and your Network DOES make it possible for users/members to create child blogs or sub-sites (in any way), we consider your installation to be a Multisite Blog Farm. Please note, many site owners run a Multisite Network for the purpose of maintaining their OWN child blogs or sub-sites. The term Multisite Blog Farm does NOT apply to a Network that hosts multiple child blogs or sub-sites, all of which are operated by a single site owner. A Multisite Blog Farm (in the eyes of s2Member®), is a Network that makes it possible for its users/members to create child blogs or sub-sites; where one or more of these child blogs or sub-sites is administered by a user/member (e.g. if you offer blogs or sub-sites to your customers, for free or otherwise).

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.