latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

MYSTERY PURCHASE

Home Forums Community Forum MYSTERY PURCHASE

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  JAMES HALL 3 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Nov 29th, 2013 at 3:01 pm #61502
JAMES HALL
Username: jhall_3rd

This question really makes me feel like a newbie but here goes….

My store has been open for several months now and all is running smoothly. About an hour ago I received an email message showing a new member subscription. This is always followed by the paypal receipt – usually less than a minute passes and the receipt arrive. But this time, nothing arrived! I checked in my paypal acct and indeed – NO SALE.

But the acct was created, it has a paypal subscriber ID and paypal is the gateway – all like a normal sale — and it’s an account with privileges that ONLY a paying customer would have.

This just seems so weird!

I can’t think of how to research this to find out what is going on!!

I’ve made a test purchase just to confirm that system is working. I’ve seen several other purchases come through in the hour before this one… all normal. Should I send an email to this guy and just ask him wtf?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  JAMES HALL.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Nov 29th, 2013 at 10:54 pm #61517
cassel
Username: cassel

This might or might not help but did you have a hidden page with a test button somewhere? Or maybe a place where someone could have made a “purchase” for free?

Posted: Saturday Nov 30th, 2013 at 4:22 am #61518
JAMES HALL

That’s true…. but only for Level 0. I’ve never had a test form/button for a level-2 membership which is what this was. Still no record in Paypal.

Posted: Saturday Nov 30th, 2013 at 11:33 am #61520
JAMES HALL

I decided to just downgrade his account to level 0 and see what hanpens. If he complains I can ask him for proof of payment. It’s a total mystery how this guy got a membership.

Posted: Saturday Nov 30th, 2013 at 2:54 pm #61524
cassel
Username: cassel

And if it is a ghost registration (like a bot or something odd like that), they won’t complain!

Posted: Saturday Nov 30th, 2013 at 3:25 pm #61525
JAMES HALL

Ok, we’ve discovered the “mystery” — and it’s not very good story i’m sorry to say. We had posted a free trial page about a month ago – and we advertised it and some people signed up and then that stopped. We forgot that the page was still live and apparently someone simply went back and found the email spam we had sent out and w-la!

embarrassing!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.