latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

New Member Notifications

Home Forums Community Forum New Member Notifications

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Mar 22nd, 2013 at 8:18 pm #45534
Isaac Simon
Username: isaacawd

Hi.

We’ve tried everything we can think of to get the new member notification e-mails to send. They don’t send to new users or to the admin.

We’re using WP E-commerce and some other plugins, but I’m afraid to uninstall them because half the time, when we do that, we lose all our settings and have to reconfigure.

What type of troubleshooting techniques do you recommend?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Mar 23rd, 2013 at 9:07 am #45547

Is the account being created and the email not sent, or the account is not even created? If it’s just the email missing, try these tips: Knowledge Base » Troubleshooting Email Delivery Problems

If those don’t help, try these: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips.

You can test without deactivating plugins if you create a separate test installation of WordPress, which is also suggested in that article.

Posted: Monday Mar 25th, 2013 at 6:20 pm #45679
Isaac Simon

Thank you for the response, Cristian. I’ve found the cause of the problem. It was an auto-login hack I found in the How-To articles. Specifically: http://www.s2member.com/kb/auto-login-upon-registration/

The account was created and the user was logged in automatically, but it prevented the registration notification email from being sent to both the user and site admin. Emails worked once s2-auto-login.php was deleted.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 26th, 2013 at 10:53 am #45779

Thanks for the update.

Could you show me the code you have in your s2-auto-login.php file?

Previous versions of the hack had that problem, but the one in that article was rewritten to fix it. Are you sure you were using the latest version from that article?

Posted: Tuesday Mar 26th, 2013 at 3:16 pm #45811
Isaac Simon

Sure, you can find my s2-auto-login.php code here: http://pastebin.com/ZXEtWA68

It’s also worth mentioning that I’m running Version 121213 + s2Member Pro v121213

Thank you again for your time.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 27th, 2013 at 9:59 am #45869

Thanks. The hack looks fine.

The s2Member version needs updating. http://www.s2member.com/kb/common-troubleshooting-tips/#versions

s2Member® » Framework » Install/Upgrade Instructions
s2Member® » Pro » Install/Upgrade Instructions

If that doesn’t solve the problem, try the other tips in that article please.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 2nd, 2013 at 4:01 pm #46411
Isaac Simon

Sorry for the delayed response, I had to bump this particular project down the priority list for a moment. I’ve updated s2member to Version 130221 + s2Member® Pro v130221 but the problem persists. I’m in the midst of doing a clean install and checking for plugin conflicts but I ran your server scan tool and have this error: [WARNING] Plugin Directory Checksum (s2member). I’ve reinstalled s2member a couple times, the Checksum value has changed but never matches the official release. Any ideas?

I should have information about plugin conflicts for you soon. As always, thanks for your help!

Posted: Tuesday Apr 2nd, 2013 at 7:49 pm #46422
Isaac Simon

Update: Tested on theme Twenty Eleven with no plugins activated (besides current s2 framework) and still no registration emails

Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 4:13 pm #46507
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the information.

Could you send your log files and logins via Private Contact Form?

See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form
See Also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› Logging Configuration

Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 4:40 pm #46520
Isaac Simon

Requested info sent through your Private Contact Form. Thank you!

Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 4:48 pm #46522
Bruce
Staff Member

Details Received. Thank you.

I took a look at your logs, and there’s nothing that I can see that would cause this to happen. I’m going to take a second look. In the meantime, please disable the auto login on registration hack, and run this Server Check Tool:

Knowledge Base » s2Member® Server Scanner

Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 5:02 pm #46525
Isaac Simon

Removed s2-auto-login.php and ran the Server Check Tool. Still receiving the [WARNING] Plugin Directory Checksum (s2member) error. “Test Email Functionality” button successfully sent an email.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 5:07 pm #46529
Bruce
Staff Member

Removed s2-auto-login.php and ran the Server Check Tool. Still receiving the [WARNING] Plugin Directory Checksum (s2member) error. “Test Email Functionality” button successfully sent an email.

Got it. We’ll see if we can figure out the cause of this, in the meantime you’ll need to keep this hack off.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.