latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

one-time donation for unregistered user

Home Forums Community Forum one-time donation for unregistered user

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Aug 21st, 2012 at 11:08 am #22657

Hello! I am trying to implement a one-time donation for unregistered(unauthenticated) users. I can’t seem to find the appropriate PayPal button for this. Is s2member capable of this? If not, can I generate the button in my PaypPal account? Thank you!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Aug 21st, 2012 at 5:09 pm #22678
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Roman,

Yes you can generate the button over at PayPal, make sure to follow these instructions in order for them to work correctly with s2Member:
Knowledge Base » Using PayPal created buttons

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Aug 22nd, 2012 at 1:20 pm #22756

I think this is what I was looking for. Thank you!

Posted: Wednesday Aug 22nd, 2012 at 1:24 pm #22757

One question though. How does the “Unregistered User” play a part in this? It seems like you have to enter the “item_id” for the PayPal button, which corresponds to the s2member membership level. But what if I want the purchase to be relevant to a “visitor”, aka, someone with no membership levels?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Roman Sharf.
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Roman Sharf.
Posted: Wednesday Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:10 pm #22771
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Roman,

I’m actually not sure, I haven’t done this at all in the past. :/

Let’s see if Cristián or Raam have any idea.

Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 6:59 am #22828

You can use any PayPal button created over at PayPal, wihout an integration with s2Member, if you don’t plan to give him access to any particular content based on what they pay.

If you do want to give them access to content meant for those that paid, but without requiring a registration, you can sell a page protected with Specific Post/Page restriction. Video » s2Member (Specific Posts/Pages)

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 7:38 am #22841

I see, so I just simply ignore the item number field in PayPal and it will not be linked to s2member? If so, then yes that helps. Thanks guys!

Posted: Friday Aug 24th, 2012 at 7:47 am #22947

Right, you’d ignore the integration steps explained here: Knowledge Base » Using PayPal created buttons :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.