latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

passwords

Home Forums Community Forum passwords

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 1st, 2012 at 6:29 pm #20945
lisa carr
Username: pageadmin

HI
I am trying to import 700 or so existing members into a new site w/S2 members with custom fields for their addresses, etc. The old site used just a very basic system….all members had the same username and password to access a member area.

So i am trying to figure out the best way to do this! SO far – no one has registered through paypal yet because the site isn’t live – but how do i get the existing members into their already imported user accounts??

could you suggest the best way to be able to login for the first time and have it be associated with the already imported info?

thanks very much!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 2nd, 2012 at 2:52 am #20970
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Lisa,

I’m not sure what you mean by “how do i get the existing members into their already imported user accounts??” If the accounts are already imported, then what are you trying to import?

You should be able to use the s2Member Import/Export feature for this task (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export). If you want to mass-update existing accounts, you can simply run the export, edit the export file, then import that file — all the accounts will be updated.

Please see Knowledge Base » How to Migrate to s2Member Pro from Other Software for more information.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.