latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pay Pal Pro form questions & errors

Home Forums Community Forum Pay Pal Pro form questions & errors

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 3:46 pm #55789

I am using PayPal pro forms on my client’s website; however, I am running to issues which has caused further questions that I haven’t found answers to in your community forums.

Concerns/Questions
-if I use PayPal pro forms am I ONLY limited to paying for my subscription by creating a PayPal account IF I don’t have a PayPal pro account. This client has a standard PayPal account.

Errors
-after attempting to submit payment using a sandbox test account (Mastercard, card # etc.), I am receiving the following error message “Error #11586. DPRP is disabled. DPRP is disabled for this merchant.”

The form is located, here, .

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 15th, 2013 at 11:23 pm #55976
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

-if I use PayPal pro forms am I ONLY limited to paying for my subscription by creating a PayPal account IF I don’t have a PayPal pro account. This client has a standard PayPal account.

This is true any time that you are selling access to your site via subscription directly through PayPal. This is because PayPal has to have a way to track the subscription, and in order to do this the User needs to have a PayPal Account.

The way around this is either to use Buy-Now Buttons/Pro Forms where the User has to renew manually and PayPal does not create a subscription.

The other way is to upgrade your account with PayPal ERB, which we usually strongly suggest against.

PayPal ERB (Enhanced Recurring Billing) allows Users to pay on a recurring basis without a PayPal account, but the fatal flaw with the system is that Users will have to contact YOU (the PayPal account holder) to cancel the subscription. There is no way for s2Member to cancel a subscription created with PayPal ERB. It has to be done manually.

PayPal ERB also costs $19.99 a month which is nearly the same as PayPal Pro. It is for that reason that we say that getting your PayPal account upgraded to Payments Pro is the best available course of action.

-after attempting to submit payment using a sandbox test account (Mastercard, card # etc.), I am receiving the following error message “Error #11586. DPRP is disabled. DPRP is disabled for this merchant.”

You have to contact PayPal to get this turned on, or you can use non-recurring Buttons/Pro Forms. This is recurring billing at PayPal.

Posted: Friday Aug 16th, 2013 at 10:07 am #56030

So if I use the buy-now buttons/Pro Forms, I can use credit cards to accept payments? Sorry I am kinda confusing myself. In the idea world, I would love for members to not have to create a PayPal account if they don’t have to.

Sorry in advance.

Posted: Friday Aug 16th, 2013 at 10:53 pm #56062
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

So if I use the buy-now buttons/Pro Forms, I can use credit cards to accept payments? Sorry I am kinda confusing myself. In the idea world, I would love for members to not have to create a PayPal account if they don’t have to.

I completely understand your confusion here. PayPal’s policies seem very confusing to me. However your statement above is correct. If you use Buy-Now (non-recurring) Buttons/Pro Forms, you can accept Credit Cards at PayPal without PayPal Enhanced Recurring Billing or PayPal Pro.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.