latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paying Members still listed as 'Subscribers'?

Home Forums Community Forum Paying Members still listed as 'Subscribers'?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jan 25th, 2013 at 7:08 am #39497
Joseph
Username: newlegacy

Hi,

S2member is still working great for the most part. Thanks!

One problem.

Three people have signed up and paid but their accounts have not upgraded from ‘subscriber’. The payment went through fine and they have not suspended their payments but they cannot see premium content.

This is weird because others signed up before them and after them and even between the three I am having trouble with but they had no problem.

Any ideas? What would happen if I just manually upgrade them? Would their payments still go through in a month?

Thanks in advance.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jan 26th, 2013 at 1:35 am #39618
Staff Member

Thanks for reporting this important issue.

Three people have signed up and paid but their accounts have not upgraded from ‘subscriber’. The payment went through fine and they have not suspended their payments but they cannot see premium content.

I will assume that you’re running with the PayPal payment gateway?

I suggest that you enable s2Member’s PayPal IPN logging routines, so you can find out why post-processing is failing on your installation (that’s what this sounds like to me). If you have further trouble, please post your log files privately for us to review with you.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging

What would happen if I just manually upgrade them? Would their payments still go through in a month?

Yes, billing is handled by your payment gateway, and on-site access is handled by s2Member. So upgrading them manually will grant them access on-site, without modifying any billing agreement that you already have with these customers. Please edit the User in WordPress® and change their “Role” to a Membership Level.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.