latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal for Digital Goods

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal for Digital Goods

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jun 18th, 2013 at 7:59 am #52099
olly connelly
Username: guv

I was wondering if s2Member supported this Paypal feature yet?

I know the question has been asked here at the forum but that was over a year ago.

Alternatively, is there a way, do you think, that PayPal for Digital Goods could be used via s2Member conditionals? … Although such is the nature of these in-context payments I am guessing it would need integration by you guys, API-wise?

Here’s a link: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/digital-goods

It strikes me this is teh way forward for online payments, nudge nudge ;)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jun 19th, 2013 at 6:06 am #52181

The current s2Member doesn’t support it. We intended to add it, and there’s a shortcode attribute for it from that attempt, but it had complications that the current code didn’t make easier, so we left it for later, after the s2Member rewrite we’re working on.

I suspect it may not be the simplest thing to add this integration fully and without too many gotchas, or Jason would have already done it himself.

I’m guessing you could do a simple integration if you work on it. The PayPal IPN with proxy key may help ([hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® IPN Integration -> Proxy Key[/hilite]), or you can use another payment gateway integration in s2Member Pro as a guideline.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 19th, 2013 at 7:16 am #52203
olly connelly

Tx Cristián,

I will work on this once the basic new site’s up and running, and if i have any joy will report back here.

“there’s a shortcode attribute for it from that attempt”

… Can you elaborate on that please? Something I might be able to play with?

Posted: Thursday Jun 20th, 2013 at 1:09 am #52266

I will work on this once the basic new site’s up and running, and if i have any joy will report back here.

Cool.

… Can you elaborate on that please? Something I might be able to play with?

See: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> dg[/hilite]

You can search the code for that to play with it, but I’m not sure how much is already there, or if anything was left.

Posted: Thursday Jun 20th, 2013 at 2:23 am #52268
olly connelly

OK, got that, will play, tx again, Sir.

Posted: Thursday Jun 20th, 2013 at 3:19 am #52280

No problem. Have fun. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.