latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Please Sell Me Something

Home Forums Community Forum Please Sell Me Something

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  cassel 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Apr 25th, 2012 at 10:38 am #11835

Good morning,

It APPEARS that you have s superb product…one that might well fill all my needs…I think…

But I can’t find something that gives me an Executive Overview. I am seeking something that avoids the programing and the minutia of the insides of the S2 System and shows me what my members will see.

Please help me as a decision maker, see the big picture…show me some sizzle. Your support, graphics and general competence is outstanding but if I am not the guy doing the coding your Sales Site left my head spinning.

About a 1000 years ago Zerox came up with the FAB system:

Feature: Show me the Zipper
Advantage: Show me the operation of the Zipper
Benefit: Tell how and why this makes my life better, easier or richer.

You folks have the F and the A in FAB but I am seeking the thing that makes my pulse increase as I see my bottom line increase, my time outlay decrease, my staff be happier or simply my clients wanting to purchase more. Show me the “B”!!

I am ALMOST sure you have all the pieces but help me get that warm fuzzy feeling inside. It’s clear you have the technical folks all lined up and a no doubt a superior product but there is a clear lack of someone who knows how to put themselves in your customers shoes and be the SALESMAN.

So where can I see a site?
Where can I interact with a site to see it in operation?
Where can I get a full immersion feel for its operation?

I need a Salesman!!! HELP…

Respectfully,

David Rodwell

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Apr 25th, 2012 at 6:56 pm #11872
cassel
Username: cassel

I am not a salesperson but if you want to come and see my site, i can grant you a temporary access so you can see what members/non members can see, if that is what you want.

http://scrapbookcampus.com

Is that what you are looking for?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  cassel.
Posted: Wednesday Apr 25th, 2012 at 11:03 pm #11892

Now that is an impressive site…it speaks volumes about the S2 package….and you!

Thank you for sharing it with me.

David Rodwell

Posted: Thursday Apr 26th, 2012 at 4:44 am #11917

Thanks Cassel! You do have a wonderful site. :)

David, I’m glad her example helped you. To see the product, the best thing is installing it and poke around the admin pages for it. There’s the free version, which is feature rich, and will help you understand it. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/s2member/

The thing I loved best about s2Member when I first joined Jason was that the source code wasn’t locked. As a non-coder you may not see the advantage, but as a business owner it does make a difference. If there’s something you want to have the plugin do in a more customized way, you can do it because the code is there for you, not all encrypted and unalterable. You can get a coder and add this, or change that, to your needs. This is huge to save money in development, because you don’t need to invent a new solution to do just what you need, you start from a solid product and just tweak a bit.

The support we give is quite good, even if I say so myself, and the community of users is quite friendly and helpful, Cassel being an excellent example.

We do listen to our customers, and we improve the product as quickly as we can. Fixes are very quick in case something is wrong, although there’s little of that to worry about. Our product updates are quite frequent, which gives some peace of mind. We’re now rewriting the whole thing at a quick pace, implementing tons of feature requests and improvements from users like you, and this is coming out soon (although a little later than we had optimistically hoped for heh), Jason is working full-steam on that.

You’re right, we haven’t been really selling s2Member, we should do a better job with that, but s2Member has been selling itself quite well too. That’s why I encourage you to install the free version and take it for a spin.

This testimonials page may also be of interest: http://www.s2member.com/testimonials/

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Apr 26th, 2012 at 7:19 am #11923
cassel

Thanks David, but you didn’t see the site as a “registered student”, or someone who “bought something”. Let me know if you want to see that other side.

Posted: Thursday Apr 26th, 2012 at 8:44 am #11930

Hi Cassel,

Actually I would like to do that. You could send me access info to david@davidrodwell.com or perhaps I could just join.

David Rodwell

Posted: Friday Apr 27th, 2012 at 6:21 pm #12098
Harry Touzel
Username: htouzel

David is right about the selling. I have installed the free version and have these issues (will post technical questions elsewhere):

1. The videos in the plugin just plays. I cannot get a list of videos and what they cover – this would be very useful. At the moment I just downloaded the first 12 and then play and scroll. The videos by Jason Caldwell is very good and easy to follow and having some index to them would be great.
2. I looked to a pdf or similar overview (beyond the overview on the actual plugin). I would have liked to see something that gets me to install a basic site. A beginner is never sure what the “basics” are. I am also willing to read and watch a lot of content – many people are not.
3. A demo site which does what is explained in the videos may be useful – one where anyone can see both the “inside” (admin user) and the “outside” (members at different levels)
4. I have installed the free version and it is not that easy to “take it for a spin”. I am fairly it savvy but not a geek and interested in it from a user perspective – having departed from programming long ago (not my bag).

By the way, how you get your photo on the profile?

David made some very good points and I hope my suggestions help.

Harry Touzel

Posted: Friday Apr 27th, 2012 at 10:49 pm #12111
cassel

David, just register to the Campus as a free member and i will be able to change your permission at that point.

Posted: Saturday Apr 28th, 2012 at 7:37 am #12145

I have opted in to the list for the eBook. It is a very impressive site.

I am a 63 year old Green Belt Tae Kwon Do student….like you! I like where you kept your hands while you did the front snap kick in the ocean.

Did you construct the entire site using S2 or did you need other tools/plugins/widgets/themes?? It’s quite lovely.

David Rodwell

Posted: Saturday Apr 28th, 2012 at 8:52 am #12149
cassel

All the conditionals, and the page protection are made using s2M only. The theme is Headway Theme.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.