latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Plugins on Pages access

Home Forums Community Forum Plugins on Pages access

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Andy Sigrist 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Apr 2nd, 2013 at 11:25 pm #46441
Andy Sigrist
Username: Andys

Hello,

I have been working on developing a new website for our club and decided on s2Member for the membership control. I am close to purchasing it, but have one obstacle that I need to overcome first to ensure that it is capable meeting my requirements.

My question is:
How do I assign the same access levels to plugins that are on a page that they are on (to have the same access levels as the page).

To be more sepcific, I have a created a registration page and have a plugin FS Contact Form on it. On another page I have a plugin that lists downloadable files`, List Yo Files.

Both pages display fine at the defined s2Member access levels. The plugins, however, do not. Instead, I get the message in each case

Sorry, the content that you are attempting to access is not available at your membeship level.

I tried API scripting as per examples in your tutorials where I replaced

Some public content.

with the FS Contact Form command

[si-contact-form form=’1′]

In any case, I am stuck and hope that there is an easy, simple solution to this.

Sincerely

Andy Sigrist

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 4:34 pm #46515
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m sorry, I’m not sure I understand. Are you saying that s2Member’s Shortcode Conditionals aren’t working for you?

Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 9:57 pm #46560
Andy Sigrist

Bruce,

Thank you for replying. I will try to explain better.

When I place conditionals on a page:

they work if within the condition I want to display text such as “You are at Level 2”

they do not work if within the condition I put the code for a plugin (FS Contact Form, List Yo Files).

Maybe what I am trying to do does not require conditionals. Here is my question in other words:

Why does a plugin placed on a page not inherit the access level properties of the page?
How do I ensure that all content on a page inherits the same access level properties as the page?

I hope that this clarifies my question. So far I have been very impressed by s2Member and am planning to purchase it, but I am really stuck on this issue and can’t solve it. Otherwise I have to try a different Membership plugin system.

You can also call me at (604) 562-0021 if it easier to discuss in person.

Andy

Posted: Thursday Apr 4th, 2013 at 6:10 pm #46637
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

I think that in this case you shouldn’t need to use Conditionals here. You should be able to just restrict the Page using the meta box on the Add/Edit Post page. If your plugin only shows up on this page, your non-members shouldn’t ever see your plugin.

they do not work if within the condition I put the code for a plugin (FS Contact Form, List Yo Files).

It’s possible that what’s causing this is that the codes for these plugins are being read before your theme reads shortcodes. You might want to use s2Member’s PHP Conditionals, (if you decide that you absolutely need conditionals).

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals

Posted: Saturday Apr 6th, 2013 at 3:31 pm #46776
Andy Sigrist

Bruce,

thank you for your help. I think I got it resolved now.

Andy

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.