latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Questions about

Home Forums Community Forum Questions about

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Oct 11th, 2012 at 3:22 pm #28156

I have questions about billing / renewal processes that I have not found answers to…

[We are going to be using Paypal as processor]

— QUESTIONS —

– Can both RECURRING and BUY NOW billing models be made available simultaneously on the same installation?

– How can a member who has purchased their membership via a ‘Buy Now’ model renew their membership PRIOR to its expiration?

– How can members who’ve purchased their membership via either method (Buy Now or Subscription) UPGRADE to a higher level of membership?

– Where are the front-end pages that S2 Member provides for MEMBERSHIP UPGRADE and MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL functions?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Oct 11th, 2012 at 9:31 pm #28183
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Brian,

I’ll try to answer what I can, in those that I’m not sure I will say so. :)

– Can both RECURRING and BUY NOW billing models be made available simultaneously on the same installation?

I believe so, yes.

– How can a member who has purchased their membership via a ‘Buy Now’ model renew their membership PRIOR to its expiration?

I believe they just need to pay for that service once again and their EOT will be updated to show that change. To setup an email before they membership expires be sure to check out this article by Bruce:
Knowledge Base » Setting Up EOT Notifications

– How can members who’ve purchased their membership via either method (Buy Now or Subscription) UPGRADE to a higher level of membership?

I believe they would use Modification buttons, which you can find under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Subscr. Modification Buttons, but I believe they are only available for recurring payments (subscriptions).

– Where are the front-end pages that S2 Member provides for MEMBERSHIP UPGRADE and MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL functions?

I believe you are looking for the membership options page, which you can configure under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Membership Options Page.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Friday Oct 12th, 2012 at 9:36 pm #28283

Hi Brian.

Eduán’s answers are mostly right, but I’ll add some comments.

Yes, they can, but remember that only one EOT time will be used for a user.

So, for example, if you sell a custom capability with a buy-now and a level with a subscription, when either one’s EOT is reached first, all paid access will be removed. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior[/hilite]

If you sell the same access with both payment options, then it’s fine, because there won’t be overlap.

Just purchases again while logged in. He has to be logged in or s2Member will consider him a new user.

If they’re buy-now transactions, then the EOT time can be added to the time left from the previous payment. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior -> Fixed-Term Extensions[/hilite]

Just purchases while being logged in. For subscriptions, the modification buttons can be used. Video » s2Member (Modification/Cancellation Buttons)

The auto-extend setting for time left before EOT, only works with buy-now transactinos for now. So, subscriptions would lose the time left if the user changes to a new subscription.

For example, if the user pays a subscription’s term today for a month of access and in 3 days he moves to a new subscription, the days he didn’t use from the previous payment (about 27) will not be taken into account for the new one.

To adjust for this, you’ll need to use the trial/initial term in the shortcode, adjusting it to whatever you want to credit him for those days towards the new subscription. http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1604

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.