latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Recurring Payment Questions

Home Forums Community Forum Recurring Payment Questions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jul 9th, 2013 at 2:20 pm #53190
Isaac Simon
Username: isaacawd

Hello.

My client wants:

1) 2 levels of membership
2) Only Recurring Payment options – nobody should be able to sign up without selecting recurring payments
3) A few quantity discount options, like monthly at $X/month, or Quarterly at $X/quarter or Annually at $X/year.
4) A free trial period
5) On site checkout
6) The ability to update credit card expiration dates so that recurring payments don’t fail when the card gets re-issued with an updated expiration date.

I know 1 and 5 are easy. 3 we can do by creating multiple sign-up forms. I think 2 and 4 are doable – please confirm.

6 might be a stretch. Thoughts?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jul 11th, 2013 at 3:37 pm #53311
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Your assumptions are correct AFAIK.

6) The ability to update credit card expiration dates so that recurring payments don’t fail when the card gets re-issued with an updated expiration date.

You mean the credit card’s expiration date? If that date passes the credit card no longer works, that expiration date?

If you do mean that, then s2Member can’t do anything about it. The user has to get the credit card re-issued in his bank directly and if the credit card is expired when s2Member asks for a payment from the card the recurring payment will just be cancelled and he will need to re-subscribe to the subscription again.

Does that answer your questions?

– Eduan

Posted: Friday Jul 12th, 2013 at 11:32 am #53357
Isaac Simon
Username: isaacawd

Yes, updating the ability to update the credit card expiration dates of each user would be a great feature! As long as it’s in the terms and conditions that members agreed to, it should be OK to do. Usually the expiration date just moves forward 4-5 years. Being able to adjust that would significantly reduce the number of people who continue to be members of our site.

Posted: Saturday Jul 13th, 2013 at 6:15 am #53379

I think 2 and 4 are doable – please confirm.

Yes, they are.

5) On site checkout

You’ll need PayPal Pro for this, or Authorize.Net.

This is handled by the payment gateway, not s2Member, so the user would need to update his payment information there. See: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Update Forms[/hilite]

I hope that helps! :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.