latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Registrations stopped working after update

Home Forums Community Forum Registrations stopped working after update

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Brian Bennis 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jan 26th, 2013 at 4:52 am #39639

Now my users do not get the email upon registration anymore and when following the link back from Paypal it shows this error:

User registration is currently not allowed.

I’ve gotten over 200 members subscribe on yearly memberships over the past 2-3 months and it working just fine. Then suddenly, I guess since the last update that seems to have auto-installed on my managed page.ly wordpress a couple days ago, now the registration does not work anymore. I don’t think I touched anything, I just have it auto-update, and the wordpress installed managed (with wordpress auto-updates etc) by page.ly.

I’m trying to search through the forum here, I can’t quite figure out what may be the problem.

My site is http://armdevices.net evt thanks for trying to register and I’ll refund you the $20 if you’re just trying to help me thanks.

I’d hapilly upgrade to paid s2member package here too (I forgot what may be the main advantages of doing that), especially if I can get some help to get this fixed.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jan 28th, 2013 at 7:19 pm #39817
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Nicolas,

This error is saying that you have disabled free registration. You can enable it again under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Open Registration.

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Jan 28th, 2013 at 11:12 pm #39833

I don’t want prople to register free accounts. Free registrations has always been disabled. I need to find out why normal paid registrations have stopped working since the last s2members auto plugin update. Maybe my solution is to downgrade to a previous version of s2member free and to prevent the auto updates from happening until my bug is fixed.

Posted: Wednesday Jan 30th, 2013 at 8:28 pm #40040
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Nicolas,

I see, so the problem is that when users try to use PayPal buttons they get that error?

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 2:44 am #40056

Yup registrations stopped working. I try to now enable free registrations to see if that helps. Bu rt I’ve never had to do that. For 3 months 200 people registered automatically without problem.

Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 5:06 am #40060
Brian Bennis
Username: thumz

Hi Nicolas

I wonder whether the help from Jason on my outstanding issue might help you – http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/subscribers-not-taken-to-welcome-page/

It seems I’m having a registration problem since the recent upgrade. It’s fair to say the upgrade might be a coincidence, but I, too, haven’t changed anything else and it was all working perfectly before then. For the record, I’m only using the free membership option and nothing else.

Brian

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.