latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Removing CloudFront Integration and +1

Home Forums Community Forum Removing CloudFront Integration and +1

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 11:33 pm #37562
Bruno
Username: brunoedig

Hi,

on my site I have installed and integrated S3 and CloudFront for streaming videos. I’m thinking of removing the cloudfront integration and leave the videos just on S3 so people inside the member’s area can watch it.

How should I go about it?

Can I just remove the cloudfront integration from both the S2 panel and inside my console on amazon so the videos will automatically be using S3? Do I need to perform any other step?

Second question, is it possible to change the IP restriction for specific users? I’d like to leave, for example, 5 IPs per month for ALL users but I want to give unlimited access to some specific users.

Third and final question, do you guys know if that video plugin for s2 has been updated for JW6!?

That plugin is awesome and has saved me a lot of time!

Cheers!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jan 16th, 2013 at 10:44 pm #37840
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for your great question.

on my site I have installed and integrated S3 and CloudFront for streaming videos. I’m thinking of removing the cloudfront integration and leave the videos just on S3 so people inside the member’s area can watch it.

How should I go about it?

s2Member supports the use of Amazon S3 with and without Cloudfront. If you’d like to stop using Cloudfront integration, you will just need to delete the configuration under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Amazon® S3/CloudFront CDN Storage, while leaving your other settings in Download Restrictions the unchanged.

Second question, is it possible to change the IP restriction for specific users? I’d like to leave, for example, 5 IPs per month for ALL users but I want to give unlimited access to some specific users.

Though s2Member does not currently support this feature, s2Member does provides various filters within it’s processes to set something like this up. Find info on hooks/filters for this in /s2member/includes/classes/ip-restrictions.inc.php.

If you’d like a quick fix to this, you can use the WordPress function get_currentuserinfo() and the following line of code to completely disable IP restrictions for certain users.

add_filter('ws_plugin__s2member_disable_all_ip_restrictions', '__return_true');

See: Knowledge Base » Hacking s2Member® Via Hooks/Filters

Third and final question, do you guys know if that video plugin for s2 has been updated for JW6!?

I’m assuming you’re talking about the plugin that Philly created here:

http://phillymax.com/web/s2member-video-shortcode/

Based on the changelog it would appear that the plugin is not yet updated. I recommend contacting the developer to ask if this is on the way. In the meanwhile, you can use the code samples provided under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› JW Player® & RTMP Protocol Examples.

Posted: Wednesday Jan 16th, 2013 at 11:44 pm #37845
Bruno
Username: brunoedig

Coolio! Thanks a lot for the answers!

Only problem using that code is that gives me a lot of problems when I switch between visual and text.

If I remember correctly I could use the exec-php and raw plugin to correct that right?

Posted: Wednesday Jan 16th, 2013 at 11:46 pm #37846
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for your reply.

If I remember correctly I could use the exec-php and raw plugin to correct that right?

This should work just fine as well.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.