latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Restrictions…

Home Forums Community Forum Restrictions…

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 11:38 am #22872
genie ladd
Username: gladd

Hi All,

New to S2 and wanted to try it out on a small site to see how it works…

I am sure this must be simple but being so new to S2 I can’t find the answer to this question (or am asking the wrong question).

So, I have set restrictions to level 1 for relevant pages and post. However, I seem to be able to get to restricted areas??? If you can direct me in a place to look I will appreciate it.

http://www.pinterestmarketingpro.com

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 11:51 am #22873
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Genie,

I would first suggest you make sure that you are logged out when accessing that page, in other words make sure you’re not inside your admin account, since admin accounts can access any content.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 12:33 pm #22876
genie ladd

Hi Eduan,

Yes, I am logged out… I must have done something wrong as I can get to post/pages that should be restricted and I don’t receive any type of restriction message. I changed all post to “all” in restrictions and people (not members) can still get to them. I know when I was viewing information on S2 it stated that a “non member” would receive a message….

Genie

Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 1:19 pm #22884
Eduan

Yes that is very strange,

May I ask, where did you set your level restriction? Asking cause there are several places to do this, also, as I understand it, you set it to require level 4 correct?

Could you please show a screenshot of how your restrictions? Thanks. :)

Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 2:19 pm #22894
genie ladd

I had it set to level 1, then changed it to restrict all… Sorry, don’t know how to do a screenshot in this forum???

Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 3:21 pm #22901
Eduan

OK, if you don’t know how to show a screenshot here, it’s OK.

Although I would still like if you could please tell me in which options you are restricting access to which pages.

Meanwhile, are you sure you setup a membership options page under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Membership Options Page? If not, then I suggest you do, since you can’t restrict access without that page set. ;)

Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 3:48 pm #22905
genie ladd

Hi Eduan,

Ok my friend… I uninstalled, re-installed, and started over. All seems to be working right now… Sorry for the panic, I am launching this product tonight with a webinar and was feeling quite exposed! Appreciate your time!

Genie

Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 3:57 pm #22906
genie ladd

Somewhere along the line I must have made an error. Hazard of not being all that familiar with the product. Again, thanks!

Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 5:04 pm #22909
Eduan

No problem Genie,

Glad you solved your problem. :)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.