latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2 Shortcode Confilcts

Home Forums Community Forum s2 Shortcode Confilcts

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Schott Taylor 3 years, 12 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jan 9th, 2013 at 4:27 pm #36800

The Member Options page is assigned to

https://sumigni.com/member-pages/my-account/

On that page are 2 shortcodes

[s2Member-Profile /] 

[s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form update="1" desc="Update your billing information." accept="visa,mastercard,amex,discover" default_country_code="US" captcha="0" /]

When that particular page loads, it will default to the bottom.

It will load correctly if
1. one of the the two shortcodes are removed
2. a user is not signed in, thereby not displaying the profile form
3. I turn off all javascript in my browser (FF 17.0.1)

It will load incorrectly when
1. both shortcodes are entered into the backend.
2. and displayed on the frontend

Any thoughts where the conflict may be coming from?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jan 10th, 2013 at 6:56 pm #36894
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for your great question

Firstly, you said here that you has this set up as your Membership Options Page?

The Member Options page is assigned to

https://sumigni.com/member-pages/my-account/

This is an incorrect setup. This should be your Login Welcome Page (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login Welcome Page), which will be restricted to users that are not logged in. the Login Welcome Page is the equivalent of the My Account Page. The Membership Options Page is where your s2Member buttons/Pro Forms should be at.

Find more info on this in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Quick Start Guide.

When that particular page loads, it will default to the bottom.

It will load correctly if
1. one of the the two shortcodes are removed
2. a user is not signed in, thereby not displaying the profile form
3. I turn off all javascript in my browser (FF 17.0.1)

It will load incorrectly when
1. both shortcodes are entered into the backend.
2. and displayed on the frontend

Any thoughts where the conflict may be coming from

s2Member’s shortcodes generally are not meant to be put with other shortcodes into a page. This is because s2Member reuses the name/id attributes in one form to another. Therefore behavior like this is to be expected if you do put multiple Pro Form / Button shortcodes into one post/page.

Instead of having both shortcodes in the same page, I’d recommend instead using the Popup s2Member Profile feature available under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Member Profile Modifications. You could also move your Billing Modification Form to a different page as well. Any way that you can get these two shortcodes separated should do fine.

Posted: Friday Jan 11th, 2013 at 12:12 pm #37020

Thanks so much Bruce!
We’ll separate the shortcodes, like two siblings in the backseat of a car. :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.