latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2member and MailChimps integration

Home Forums Community Forum s2member and MailChimps integration

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  cassel 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday May 19th, 2013 at 11:35 am #50198

Hi!
I am still testing s2member and MailChimps to work together and got another problem.
If a user changed e-mail addres using private cabinet page, nothing changes in MailChimps and all mail would be sent to the wrong address.
I made a mistake somewhere?
Best regards. Sergios

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday May 22nd, 2013 at 5:47 am #50336
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

s2Member is not capable of changing User’s emails when they change it within their profile. A User is put into your MailChimp lists with the email that they used to sign up. If they want to sign up with another email, you can make that possible by putting up a regular signup form for MailChimp on your site.

Posted: Wednesday May 22nd, 2013 at 8:31 am #50367
cassel
Username: cassel

There is a third party plugin that does bidirectional synchronisation of MC and s2M where any change in one place will be taken into consideration in the other. You can read more about it here:

http://krumch.com/2012/08/24/kc-bidirectional-integration-of-s2member-with-mailchimp/?ap_id=Cassel

It is installed on my site and works flawlessly and silently.

Posted: Wednesday May 22nd, 2013 at 12:01 pm #50375

Hi Bruce! Hi Cassel!
Thank you for your answers!
I have read this plugin’s page, as I understood, it sincronizes users from MailChims list to s2member, so for user, MailChims forms is used as front-end, and MailChimps’s list is primary and s2member is secondary. And they have problem sending user password to new users.
We need s2member user list to be a primary and MailChimps should be sincronized with s2member only. In s2member user list there are much more details (custom fields) and we prefer s2 registration/update profile forms to be front-end.
For now, we made sincronization if user is unsubscribed from s2member list or cleared or unsubscribed for any reason from MailChimps list. The last point of our road is when user changed e-mail address. (only possible using s2member update profile form).
The first question here is that we are not shure that this new address is correct. We were confident in the old one because user got to site pages. We did not find any way to verify this new email. I think, this is necessary.
The second question is to change the email in the MailChimp’s list. It should be not so difficult as the first one. Just a few lines of code.

Posted: Wednesday May 22nd, 2013 at 1:10 pm #50384
cassel
Username: cassel

The MC+s2M does synchronize both ways. The focus of the description is mostly because it gives an additional flexibility of being able to use MC as an entry point for new members, and if that is the case, the MC form can be use anywhere.

It also has the ability to synchronize any change a user might make, either in CM or in s2M (so the name, the email can be changed, the account can be deleted) and that change will be reflected on the other one.

Just notice that the full name of the plugin is “Bidirectional transparent integration/synchronization/bridge of s2Member with MailChimp”

I would suggest you contact the programmer to make sure if you are still having question.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.