latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2member and subdomain content

Home Forums Community Forum s2member and subdomain content

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  jorge 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Nov 17th, 2012 at 12:06 pm #31880
jorge
Username: jorgitoz

I read a few forums on this topic and I’m a bit confused as to whether or not this is possible…

I currently have s2member set up in maindomain.com with wordpress and buddypress installed…

I also have s2member on productA.com and productB.com with wordpress only…

The problem I have is that the theme (membership friendly theme) I’m using on productA.com and productB.com doesn’t work with buddypress so I have a different buddypress friendly theme on maindomain.com

What I am thinking of doing is to move productA.com to productA.maindomain.com. That way I can have the buddypress theme on maindomain.com and the membership theme on the subdomain.

Customers will buy the membership on maindomain.com and that would give them access to a private forum for productA at maindomain.com and access to content on productA.maindomain.com

Is this possible?

PS I have the private forum set up and am about to create pages like maindomain.com/productA, but I rather use the other theme for product delivery not to mention it would help me organize things better… that’s why I’m thinking subdomains…

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  jorge.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Nov 17th, 2012 at 2:11 pm #31886
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Jorge,

Currently this is not possible with s2Member, or WordPress for that matter. WordPress can’t keep track of users or info over multiple installations I’m afraid, so if you want this you will need to code a little bit on productA.maindomain.com in order to check if both users are the same, or something along those lines.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Nov 18th, 2012 at 11:02 am #31927
jorge

Okay, so what about maindomain.com/productA

I know you can protect content outside of wordpress using URI restrictions… If I install another instance of wordpress on the URI /productA how can I add code to protect that?

Posted: Sunday Nov 18th, 2012 at 11:42 am #31933
Eduan

Using URI restrictions like you said, but the problem remains if it’s a different installation, you can’t keep track of users in both installations. :/

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Nov 19th, 2012 at 8:28 am #31971

I know you can protect content outside of wordpress using URI restrictions… If I install another instance of wordpress on the URI /productA how can I add code to protect that?

No, the URI restriction will only work with the WordPress installation that it’s in.

Posted: Monday Nov 19th, 2012 at 12:17 pm #31996
Eduan

Oh I see, I wasn’t aware of that, whoops.

Posted: Monday Nov 19th, 2012 at 3:40 pm #32010
jorge

Thank you

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.